cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dudley1980
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

bt infinity 2 very slow

hi all had infinity 2 installed about a week ago but its seems very slow...when i phone up to order they said my speed will be inbetween 64mb to 80mb but all a seem to be getting is anything from 20mb to 35 mb on a good day...my pc is connected bt ethernet cable and only my ipad and iphone is connected with wifi.when a i run the speedtest with the speedtest.btwholesale and run the futher diagnostics i just keep getting a message saying "Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information".so i can not get my ip profile.

so this is the information what i can get 

hh5 

1. Product Name: HomeHub5

2. Serial number: 

3. Firmware version: v0.07.01.0235-BT (Type B) Last updated [Unknown]

4. Board version: 01

5. VDSL uptime: 3 days, 20:29:20

6. Data Rate: 19999 / 79987

7. Maximum Data Rate: 24884 / 80232

8. Noise Margin: 15.4 / 6.3

9. Line Attenuation: 0.0 / 15.4

10. Signal Attenuation: 0.0 / 0.0

11. Data sent/received: 9.7 GB / 33.2 GB

12. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com

The hub did re start about 4 days ago when my partner turn it off to see if that would help

the results from the speed test

1. Best Effort Test:

Download Speed : 21.63 Mbps

2. Upstream Test:

Upload Speed : 10.9 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

Not sure what i can do next i know it takes 10 days or so for bt to sort out but surely them speed that we are getting are not righ for infinity 2.

many thanks if any one can help with the matter 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
dudley1980
Beginner
Message 2 of 3

Re: bt infinity 2 very slow

no one can help then 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: bt infinity 2 very slow

Your Homehub is running at the max rate for Infinity of 80/20.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings