Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jamiek11
Message 1 of 8

bt infinity

Go to solution

Hi,

I have been with bt Infinity for around 6 years now, and i have not really had any problems with them to be honest.

The start of this year however we had line fault and this was sorted on the 3rd January. This has reduced speeds to around 50Mb ip profile 51.24... normally we would get 64Mb and has been consistent since we got bt infinity installed.

From this date speeds have never improved, ip profile has been stuck at 51.24 from that date.

Also to add i still have the original modem bt homehub 3 with the white modem box.

Regards

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: bt infinity

Go to solution

unfortunately with a modem you cannot access any meaningful stats unless modem is unlocked

with 51.24 profile you must have connection about 52/53mb  just need to stay connected and if there is scope for speed increase then just have to wait on DLM making increase

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Technonerd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
Do you know what type of Openreach modem you have (Huawei or ECI)?
jamiek11
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you for your replies,

I have the white openreach mode.

first year or 2 was always up profile off 74 or 75 and then dropped to 68 for the last 4 years. So i have been very lucky to not have had problems with my line untill this year.

I have however had to replace my rj11 cable as the other one was damaged... clip part was broken, so not sure if any movement with the cable caused the internet to drop. So i have replaced that as of yesterday to see wether that does anything within the coming few weeks or so.

I have also noticed the homehub 3 rebooting, 2-3 times a week changing the ip address.

But can't be down to phone fault as there is no noise on the line 17070

I will update to see how things go from here.

Thank you again for your replies.

0 Ratings
Technonerd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Yes, they're both white. Are the lights square or circular?
0 Ratings
jamiek11
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi,

they are circular

0 Ratings
jamiek11
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Just update,

just had disconnection  at around 10:55am and ip profile is now went from 51.24 to 75.90 making it the fastest it has done in almost 4 years. Looks like it was down to the rj11 cable.

download speeds around 73mb

0 Ratings
Technonerd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
Great news!
0 Ratings