cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

cant access login.live.com and bt parental controls dont work

so when I am connected to my bt broadband I cannot access login.live.com, when I am on other wifi connections it works fine, or using 4g its fine. as soon as I am on my home broadband, will not load

also parental controls do not work at all

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: cant access login.live.com and bt parental controls dont work

Hi @Onejk,

Welcome and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry for the problems you're having accessing that website.  We've checked from here and we can access the site.  Have you tried setting up parental controls before? Can you give me a little more info on what happens when you're trying to use Parental Controls?

Have a look at this link for help with Parental Controls:  >> BT Parental Controls <<

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hello

I have used parental controls before. When I was at me previous house on my previous bt account and it worked perfectly then. Since moving house which is fttp, it doesn’t work at all. Doesn’t block any sites at all. Set on light filters it allows all the sites it shouldn’t. If I specifically put a site to be blocked it still loads up fine

on the other point I still cannot access any Microsoft login pages. They just don’t load. As soon as I switch to 4g or another brodband source. Ie at work. It is fine.

its as though my external IP address is being blocked by them. Is there any way for my external IP address to be renewed. If I reset the router or the fttp box I still always get assigned the same IP address

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Onejk,

Thanks for posting back!

Sorry that you're having problems using Parental Controls.  We can help you with this.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

We can also look at the problems you're having connecting to that site too.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings