cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phil_deakin
Message 1 of 12

cant play games and download on inf 2 ????

Hi all, Ive had bt Infinity 2 for a couple of years now but in the last couple of months (after I lodged a complaint about a bill strangely enough) my 60Mbps very expensive internet no longer allows me to download whilst others are trying to play online games.

With that sort of speeds you would think that it wouldn't impact any performance......there are three of us in the house but only two using the internet at the moment.

Do BT really get that petty and restrict bandwidth if you make a complaint ??  or is it just a strange coincidence I wonder......

If anyone has the number for a UK helpline that would be greatly appreciated as I cannot understand the Indian (Correct me if I am wrong) call canter staff due to bad lines and strong accents on both sides of the call.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: cant play games and download on inf 2 ????

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

Could you please post the results from the BT Speedtester, including the further diagnostics. You must use a wired connection not wireless.

BT Wholesale Speedtester

Thanks

0 Ratings
phil_deakin
Message 3 of 12

Before I complained I was getting 65 Mbps down and 17Mbps up average ping on the tests was 20. Now I get ~55Mbps down and ~10Mbps up with a ping of ~25. 

BBCapture.JPG0

Cbbapture.JPG

0 Ratings
phil_deakin
Message 4 of 12

The 4 steps were completely useless and just an advertising opportunity. My PC runs i5 6600K @ 4.2 ghz, 32 GB Ram, gtx 980 ti, SSD, basically a top 10% PC.

It never used to be like this and has only come about since I complained about my bill (being charged for bt sports when I couldn't even receive it...).

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

Can you use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
if you have a Homehub 5 can you also post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

Bandwidth is never restricted. BT do not traffic manage.

PC specs are rather irrelevant. We'll be able to offer nore help when you provide a speedtest as requested in the post above 🙂
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
phil_deakin
Message 7 of 12

Hi guys, I understand that this is a customer to customer forum, is that correct ? If it is I really appreciate your time and effort but other that phoning BT is there another way I can actually contact them directly to find out why my speeds have been dropped ?

Again thank you very much for your time but I need to get hold of BT to decide if I am switching suppliers today or if they will put things right.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

Your speeds have not 'been droppped'. If they have dropped it is because of a fault which needs investigation.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

If you can post the speedtests up that'll be a start. If there's an issue, the moderators on here can step in.

We, and the mods will need to know the facts first though.

As it happens, whether you action it today, or tomorrow, changing supplier won't be actioned for until the same day at it's done in working days, not weekends.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
phil_deakin
Message 10 of 12

I agree it needs investigating as I have lost 10Mbps recently, so what is the best method to contact BT without being put through to the standard call center ? is there a number for UK teck support as I feel really embarrased when talking to the Call center staff because we cant understand each other due to accents (as stated before) ?

EDIT : I am going to turn the Homehub off for a few hours, run various anti virus and malware scans then retest the speeds etc when completed. I will also check the router settings just to be 100% certain they havent been messed with (although as I am the only person with access that's highly unlikely). 

Again thanks for the input.

0 Ratings