cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 17

capacity full so many different answers

back on the 7th of March I upgraded to fibre with a live date of 15th March by phone litterly the day it went live on the tracker and it's still showing as available on openreach
15 March came and went.
since then via live chat and calls from live chat to me I've been told the following
cabinet is over capacity with should be resolved by 21 April
A new cable has been ordered and will be installed by 21 April.
Then on the 19th when I phoned I was informed that my order would need to be cancelled as there is no waiting list for people whos cabinet is over subscribed. I asked how that would effect the order and told it would be 5 working days. I asked if it would highlight that this was an continuation order of the 7th and told yes. I also asked if someone else had ordered on the 16th of March and the port was available would they have got fibre over me. I was informed yes.
Well today is the 21st and none of the promised phone calls happened so back to live chat who said but you only placed your order on the 19th and kept referring to me as a new customer they then phoned me that they had spoken to another dept and my next update would be on the 28th.
now the problem is according to the person I spoke to on the 19th my order should be cancelled.but today's person didn't say anything along those lines.
it was notted that I have a live complaint in the system and that they have requested that I would be called back on the 28th.
I responded that I would like a call today was told that would be arranged and as of 2 hours since that communication nothing has been heard.
Personally I believe my order was cancelled and reordered to meet service levels.
Can anyone provide me correct info and what I can do
0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 17

Re: Got fibre in my area, but cabinet is full!

I was informed by bt customer services that there wasn't a waiting list and the order would have to be placed again and its a case of getting lucky
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 17

Re: capacity full so many different answers

In order to find out what services  you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 17

Screenshot_20170421-160521.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 17

That shows that fibre is available, and there is no waiting list, so I am not sure what is going on.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 17

hopefully that uploaded. I had gone fore fibre2 ie the quicker one
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 17

Hi @skippyinspace,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've had with this order. It's best if we take a look into it to find out exactly what's happening. We can speak with the order team dealing and also get in touch with our suppliers and update you. To get in touch, click on my user name and then on contact the mods. It can take 2-3 working days for us to reply at present.

Thanks

DanielS

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 17

Hardly worth it to get 60M instead of 55M, you won't notice the difference.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 17

The potential of 18meg upload could make a difference, depending on what tthe OP uses the internet for.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 17

Ive clicked the user name but cant find contact the mods. Is it becouse you are off line or am I missing something obnious!

0 Ratings