cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 8

come on BT WHY DONT YOU BE HONEST

AFTER reading all the threads on here and having the same problem myself. my internet has been solid no problems and always had good service. now like many other people on this site I have solid orange light and getting no ppp session. I then get ppp session but no web pages. this is a BT SYSTEM problem due to all the comments on here. COME ON BT WHAT PROBLEM ARE YOU HAVING AS ITS ON MORE THAN A FEW LINES NOW.
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: come on BT WHY DONT YOU BE HONEST

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

but BT still have not come out and said its a common problem or they are aware of it.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

See message 164 in the link posted, from the moderator who is a BT staff member.

"Having looked at the issue and tested a number of connections, it would be very difficult to confirm the issue as common fault. There were a number of different locations and start date of the issue were different for a number of users as well." 

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 8

well I've got three people in my street with same problem and dates of fault all the same
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Do you know it's the same fault or are you making an assumption? I haven't read all of that thread for a while but I don't recall seeing anyone posting that they got ppp session but no web pages.  Your fault could be a localised fault to your cabinet. 

Did you report a fault.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 8

I've got a mate 5 miles away different exchange has sync no ppp. I have two neighbours with orange lights . I've got ppp no web pages .
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

As I said, I don't recall reading that posters on the other thread were getting ppp with no web and your mate is getting different from you so it could well be a different problem.

I would suggest that if you haven't already done it, that you report a fault to BT. They will no doubt take you through their "fault finding" script but they should eventually reach the part where they send out an engineer. 

0 Ratings