cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kyngs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 17

compensation about the disrupted Infinity 2 services.

I have had 3-in-1 package since Nov 2013. My fibre internet speed was find avarge 60+ M. However, In Feb 2015 when I was watching  a live event online, the streaming was stopped. I tested the speed was around 30 M. The WIFI connection was also repeatedly cut automatically. Then I contacted BT and BT technical Teams had to sent four different engineers to fix the problems during 2 months time. During this time, I made and received numberious phone calls from BT number Ending 4567. You simply could not believe BT needed two months to fix this ' COMPLICATED' speed probem. Without need to say how much time I was forced to spend on this issue, some of those service people provided incorrect information and behaved without basic manners : two of  self-claimed techniical team firmly CONFIRMED  that my landline would be only good enough to support 53M despite that I told them I was enjoying 60plus M since I had my BT fibrer broadband.  A technical gentleman asked me to rush back home from office to find out  the spec of my Hub 5 for him. When I managed to arrive home at the arranged time, He even never called.  I lodged a formal complaint about the internet speed and services people attitude in March 2015. To date, I have not received any accurate information about this complaint.

My Internet service were only back to normal in April with its average speed 70+.  Given so much time wasted and so much drama experienced, a full subscription fee was agreeed to be refunded to me for two months during two phone calls on 31/03/2015 and 02/04/2015. Sadly, BT provided this solution  only on phone although I was asking them to confirm it to me by a email or a text. Unfortunately, BT didn't realised what it told on phone and only refunded partly in my April bill. After I contacted BT again recently, BT was struggling to indentify who was the level-2 manager providing the solution and the accurate amount agreeded.  The billing department manager from BT told me he was going to  open the recorded conversations about the refund  on May 1, 2015 and promised to call me at 7:30PM on May 1, 2015 with his investigation result. To answer his phone call,  I HAD TO rush back from the swimming pool but he simply failed to call.

I cannot understand why those  BT services people concerned prefer to use telephone to communicate  but lack of the basic manners and honesty.

Just wonder anyone with the similar experence

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 17

Re: compensation about the disrupted Infinity 2 services.

The compensation arrangements are on this web page. You are entitled to part refund of line rental only, for loss of service.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9394/~/customer-service-guarantee

This does not apply to BT Business broadband, which has a separate SLA.

0 Ratings
kyngs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 17

Well, the compensation has been agreed but not been realized as agreed! BT has failed to do what BT promised for my case

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 17

There is no compensation for loss of broadband or speed, only daily line rental.

0 Ratings
kyngs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 17

I am thanksful you are replying however it does not seem relevant if you understand those issues correctly.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 17

@kyngs wrote:

I am thanksful you are replying however it does not seem relevant if you understand those issues correctly.

I have asked a moderator to comment.

0 Ratings
kyngs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 17

Greatly appreciated.  Your reply was about how much should be compensated. But, I made it clearly throughout that the compensation amount has been agreed by me and BT.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Hi kyngs,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting!

Sorry it took so long to fix your broadband speed from when you first reported it.  Keith is right in that the compensation scheme (CSGS) only applies when there is total loss of service however being promised a credit that was never applied is a different story altogether.

Send me over your details and I'll get this looked into.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
kyngs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 17

Dear RobbieMac

I am pending your reply after 48 hours.

My issues simply remain unsolved too long

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 17

@kyngs wrote:

Dear RobbieMac

I am pending your reply after 48 hours.

My issues simply remain unsolved too long

Thanks in advance

incan take 3/5 working days for mods to contact you after submitting the email  you are in a queue of other customers waiting for mod help who all consider their problem priority hence why mods deal with the emails in order of receipt to ensure equality

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings