Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bindi68
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 28

constant connection issues and speed problems- Infinity

Go to solution

Please help as no one is listening and am getting severely frustrated with the poor service i am receiving. For the last 5 months or so i have been experiencing several conncection issues at various times of the day also currently i am now only able to acheive 3mbps (also on ethernet) . I should be receiving 54mbps (which i was getting prior)  - Each day the speed has been dropping slighly as if the line is dying. My upload speeed i should note has remained stable at 20mbps. I have reported this issue several times over the last few months and the issue has been rectified, however the fault re-occurs in the same way every time. 

The last time i reported the fault (28th april) as the service had become erratic again, i booked an engineer online and then you cancelled the engineer as you said the fault was at the exchange (again) and it would be fixed promptly. The fault remained and you closed the fault (again) without checking with us if the service was ok. - unacceptable.

You have previously cancelled engineer visits and failed to get to the bottom of our issue.

I am paying around £43 a month and you are not providing us with an acceptable service and believe you to be in breach of contract.

I have an open complaint and reported the fault again , however you have incorrectly logged it as being unable to make and recieve calls ! - this is not what i reported. I do have an engineer booked for thursday however i am not confident it will be resolved.

I am under contract until november , can you assure me that if the fault remains / reoccurs  then i will be able to exit the contract without any clause.

Your service has been nothing short of shocking and in the industry i work in we would be seriously looking at why we we were charging the customer for a service barely usable.

0 Ratings
27 REPLIES 27
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 28

Re: constant connection issues and speed problems- Infinity

Go to solution

This is a customer to customer forum, the only BT staff here are the mods who do not necessarily read all posts.

Have you tried a quiet line test on 17070 option 2? The line should be silent between announcements and best done with a corded phone.

Could you also post connection stats from the router found at advanced settings/technical log (HH6)

or

Troubleshooting/helpdesk (HH5).

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 28

Go to solution

Can you enter your phone number and post results remember delete number https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
bindi68
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 28

Go to solution

been here before 

It says this... the last engineer i actually spoke to says that our line is capable of 80mbps as confirmed below

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability DateLeft in Jumper  High Low High Low        

VDSL Range A (Clean)8057.6201949.7Available---- 
VDSL Range B (Impacted)74.6492014.439.8Available----
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 28

Go to solution

The dslchecker results doesn't show your line is capable of 80mb connection but your estimated speed is somewhere between 80 and 57.6mb it could be at top end but equally could be anywhere in between   Router stats will give better indication

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
bindi68
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 28

Go to solution

when the fault was cleared successfully the last time , i was obtaining speeds of 79mb (engineer confirmed and self speed test)  until it settled down to 54mb - then slowly died.

I will have a look at the logs and post and try the quiet test as suggested

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 28

Go to solution

It's the technical log information you should post not the actual logs

0 Ratings
bindi68
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 28

Go to solution
Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

Firmware version:

SG4B1000B522

Firmware updated:

21-Feb-2018

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 0 Hours 47 Minutes 5 Seconds

Data rate:

20.00 Mbps / 3.10 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

20667 / 26784

Noise margin:

6.3 dB / 31.6 dB

Line attenuation:

15.6 dB

Signal attenuation:

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

Data sent / received:

4100 MB Uploaded / 8222 MB Downloaded

Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:

Active

2.4 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-9F3G

2.4 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 11)

5 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-9F3G-5

5 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 36)

Wireless security:

WPA2 (Recommended)

Wireless mode:

Mode 1

Firewall:

On

MAC address:

B8:D9:4D:4A:59:77

Software variant:

-

Boot loader:

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 9 of 28

Go to solution

WOW! That's the highest noise margin I've ever seen for VDSL. No wonder you speed is so low. There's a serious line issue there.

Have you done the quiet line test yet?

0 Ratings
bindi68
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 28

Go to solution

Wonder why BT cant sort this out !

i have done the test ,  its not totally silent however its on a cordless phone as i dont have a corded one around .

Theres no crackles or anything 

0 Ratings