Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 25

Re: disconnect /SNR (dB)

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 12 of 25

If it was readable I would but it isn't.

0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 13 of 25

if you read some of my posts you will see i have a very similar problem and its baffling bt at the moment,mine has the similar drops in snr.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 25

I can't understand if your connection is dropping as often as you say how you are still on fast with such a good speed and not with a very high noise margin, on interleaved and banded profile

your noise margin is dropping so low at 1db and with the noise you can hear it results in drop in connection and then you start all over again  if you have had 7 openreach visits and still problems exists thehn lets get mods involved and see if they can help   mods will post here but I know they are really busy so may not be till monday

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
NIck87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 25

hello

I know what you mean the speed is good but the speed will drop for a few seconds hard to show that in a screen shot. Strange how you look at the picture and you can see for yourselves that the dB jumps from 1-5 db in a few mins and disconnects at random times maybe once a day or 6 times a day? let’s hope the mods can help me as I have had my 7th BT engineer out on Friday 13th July  and the problem been going on for the last 8 months now? Thanks for your input guys. 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 25

Hi @NIck87 Sorry you have not been able to get the fault with your broadband fixed after so many engineer visits. 

We will be happy to look at your connection to see what we can do to help you if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
NIck87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 25

hello

i have reply to john c and will keep you updated here!!

thank you for the help

0 Ratings
NIck87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 25

Hello

I have just notice in my DSL status pictures that bitswap is turn on in one picture and turn off in another picture for the SNR margin downstream only sorry got a few question?

1. Is that normal?
  2. How is the bitswap being controlled?
  3. Would that make my SNR downstream margin drop and cause me to disconnect?
  4. Why don’t the bitswap turn off in the upstream margin?
  5. What is bitswap?

Thanks 

0 Ratings
NIck87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 25

hello

Just wondering if I got a update on my case as the engineer didn't turn up today for the  appointment on the 20th July 2017 at 1pm to 6pm as I did take time off work ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 25

You need to see if mods can help as you contacted them already @JohnC2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings