Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billybob99
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 23

disconnection since home hub update

Go to solution

As per others since the home hub updated overnight on the 14th im have repeated disconections which have now resulted in a loss of speed, before the update rock solid no disconctions at all and now its every day, ive done a factory reset as sugested elsewhere on the forum but to no avail.

Any ideas as i know if i ring and complain i'll get nowhere and this forum and the mods have been very helpful in the past and i just want to log it down.

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

Re: disconnection since home hub update

Go to solution

Hi @billybob99

Thanks for posting back!

Sorry you're having problems.  What version of the BT Home Hub do you have?  Are you losing connection on wired or wireless devices or both? What colour are the lights on the Hub when you have this problem?

Please provide as much information as possible so that we can help: My broadband keeps having connection problems

Thanks

Robbie

0 Ratings
billybob99
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 23

Go to solution

Hi Robbie 

Thanks for replying its a Home hub 5a and it disconects from the internet totally, so all wired and wireless devices are affected and this coincides with the firmware update

Message 4 of 23

Go to solution

Hi @billybob99

Thanks for posting back.

Can you try the quiet line test?  Dial 17070 option 2 from your line to check for any noise.  Also, when the connection drops, is there a pattern i.e Are you uploading/downloading any large files or are the drops at random?

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
billybob99
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 23

Go to solution

Hi Robbie

quiet line test is silent and reboots are random happend yesterday at 6am ish and today at 7pm both times nothing happening and over the weekend again at random times

0 Ratings
billybob99
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 23

Go to solution

and disconncted again now, all that was happening was me checking facebook (dont tell anyone lol)

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 23

Go to solution

Hi @billybob99

Thanks for posting back and I'll not tell anyone you were on Facebook Smiley Wink

Can you send us over your details so that we can look into this further?  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
billybob99
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 23

Go to solution

done 

thank you

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 23

Go to solution

Hi @billybob99,

Thanks for sending over the details. I've run some diagnostics on the connection and can find no faults. There have been occasional drop but nothing that would point to any issues. Your profile is currently sitting at over 52meg. Do you have another hub or router you could try to rule out a possible issue with your current hub?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
billybob99
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 23

Go to solution

Hi David sorry I keep missing your calls you always seem to ring when I'm out or unavailable, speed wise at the moment as you said it's fine at 52 but did disconnect earlier whilst I was out and probably on average cuts out once a day all since the overnight update on the 14th before that rock solid.

thanks for taking the time to look into this for me and once again sorry for missing your calls

Andrew 

0 Ratings