cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

dsl check shows line attached to new cabinet but vdsl downstream rate just 1mbps

A couple of months ago a new cabinet was installed in our village. It is far closer than the cabinet my line has been connected to for many years. I keep running a dsl check/bt website check to see if my line 'moves' to the new cabinet. For weeks the checks said my line was still connected to the old cabinet (miles away) BUT last night, the checks showed my line has been 'moved'/connected to the new cabinet. However when I now run a dsl check, the result states that the downstream rate in mbps is just 1mbps (clean and impacted). I.e. VDSL Range A (Clean) and VDSL Range B (Impacted) is high 1 and low 0.1. The WBC FTTC Availability Date is showing as planned. My concern is the low VDSL speed of 1mbps. Am I checking too soon? I.e. will the VDSL rate increase in a few weeks when the cabinet is fully activated/live and the abiility to order new broadband services from the new cabinet is displayed via www.homeandbusiness.openreach.co.uk ? Is it simply too soon to see what the VDSL speed for my line will be? Thanks everyone!

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: dsl check shows line attached to new cabinet but vdsl downstream rate just 1mbps

If the cabinet is not even activated yet then it is too soon. Use THIS checker to see if/when available.

0 Ratings