cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

dynamic line management, capped for months

I reported a slow connection on the 20th of March (yes March!) The engineer didn't turn up at the house even though as below it states 'engineer visit complete'

Three days later the speeds were back up, but not to what was promised. It was enough to watch in UHD if no other family members were doing to much online as well (pulling a constant 27mb instead of just under 50mb)

fault.jpg

Roll on a couple of weeks and the speeds were woeful again, this time the engineer did visit and confirmed that the speed was capped again. Granted I know now that I will have to wait again to see the speed achieve what it should be but posting this on the forum is now an easier way to chase my case

Why didn't I chase this up previously? I had a family member who was ill so my priorities were elsewhere

speed.jpg

Hopefully this gets resolved as I am sure that you would agree it's gone on too long, I might as well sign up on a lower deal that has better speeds!!

fault2.jpg

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: dynamic line management, capped for months

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Cheers for the reply it's really appreciated. The reset as we know is approx three days to achieve the speed again so I will wait, I just wanted a paper trail on the forum 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

an automatic DLM reset on vdsl unlike adsl can take weeks of stable connection not 3 days

router stats would help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings