cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UgleyAl
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

engineer did not arrive

MyBT app says the enginner has visited but he/she never showed up at all!  And the issue not fixed.  What now?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: engineer did not arrive

Hi @UgleyAl

How frustraiting! You will need to call or do an online chat with customer services to re-arrange a visit.

BT Online Chat

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 3 of 9

Hi @UgleyAl

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

I'm sorry that the engineer didn't arrive.  I assume that an engineer was booked due to a broadband (Fibre) fault?  Have a chat with our  >> Repair Live Chat Team << and post back to let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
UgleyAl
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Unfortunately on line chat agent said their aystem not working at present.  I will try the other suggestion.

0 Ratings
UgleyAl
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Latest is live chat say "I have checked and found engineer visited outside of the property and your fault is still open, I will raised complaint for you as well ".  I wasn't out at all...too hot. Nor was I watching TV.  Just waiitng for his knock on the door.

0 Ratings
Starwire2000
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 9

Was it an agreed Appointment, either between 8 and 1 or 1 and 6?

I’m not entirely sure what test systems and access BT Retail and Wholesale have or use but for some reason a lot of the time their tests indicate a ‘Potential HR or Impairment in a Copper Joint’ or something along those lines. Because it tests this they send the job out unappointed.

Openreach Engineers then pick up the fault and 99 times out of 100 when they test it using their Fast Test Service it tests OK so they’ll usually test it at the last accessible point of intervention in the network and then close the fault.

Engineers have raised the discrepancies in these so called test results and the fact the jobs go unappointed for over a year now. Promises have been made that it’ll be resolved but never has.
0 Ratings
UgleyAl
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

It was booked 1-6 by BT who called me last week and said they were PROACTIVELY working with customers with old copper and long line lengths and were going to improve my 2.75 download to 11.0. Expressed considerable scepticism as I know how far I am from the cabinet and engineer did well in my view to get 2.75. Anyway he really insisted. Rebooked for Thu.
0 Ratings
Starwire2000
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 9

‘they were PROACTIVELY working with customers with old copper and long line lengths and were going to improve my 2.75 download to 11.0.’

Makes me laugh my **bleep** off when those in Call Centres on the other side of the Country say stuff like that and then expect Openreach to go out and magic 50mbps onto a 2500m line!

If your line can only support 2.75mbps on VDSL then you should never have been sold it.
0 Ratings
UgleyAl
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Indeed but we have a cunning plan in the village to fund from various sources a new bt fibre connection.
0 Ratings