Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caledonia
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

engineer visit

Please read the whole post

Have an engineer visit tomorrow (home) as broadband speed has dropped to 18 Mpbs down and 3Mpbs up (was at least 61Mbps down and around 20 Mbps up

I have done Random tests all the time and over a few years they were at the second figures (done on a random speed tester but you can see the difference no matter what the test used)

anyway speed nearly to a stop and things i have done changed routers (3) and all wiring changed micro filter (also 3) did the test in the box (used to repair computers so know what to check for )

gone through everything and phoned bt they say the fault is outside and an engineer would look at it but it was marked as fixed to quick (10 mins after i phoned on a Sunday ) so checked anyway not fixed so i presume it was marked incorrectly

but when i phoned the person said as it was marked as fixed they must now come to my home

I'm near 100% this fault is in the box but i now have to wait till the engineer that visits the house confirms it and also i notice the dates have changed in the track fault page (maybe because of guaranteed broadband)

Also i wish you could phone direct without going through all the "is your router plugged in type questions"

They also sent me a mini hub (4G?) i presume but as i have wifi although very slow only put it on today but it looks like it not been activated with only the battery light showing (did phone about this but as my problem keeps getting marked as fixed maybe they turned it off before i put it on) don't need it anyway unless my wifi drops some more

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: engineer visit

Are you asking a question and seeking assistance or just posting what has happened because it is not very clear.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Glad it's not just me, read the whole thing as requested but didn't spot a question

caledonia
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

The question is if fixed outside (cabinet by  open-reach) is marked incorrectly on track fault it cant be changed therfore they have to proceed to put an engineer inside first

0 Ratings