cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

evening internet speed non existant for last 4 week

Have been on BT Infinity 1 for the last couple of years. Speeds usually average mid to high 20 mbps which isnt brilliant but does fine. However since christmas in the evenings from about 4-5pm onwards our speed drops to 1 or 2 mbps which is of course totaly useless. Reported the fault to BT and after someone in the call centre trying serveral thinngs asking me to wait a few day to see that that improves it (it didnt) and sending an engineer out to the house, which upped the daytime speed to mid 30s we still have non existant internet  in the evening. Is there a reason that this only started 4 weeks ago and never used to be a problem. Also any suggestions for alternative way to contact BT on this I am getting nowhere with the online chat / overseas support centre.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6

Re: evening internet speed non existant for last 4 week

@scotdebs It could be a network congestion issue, what exchange are you on?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

not sure how do i check ?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 6

@scotdebs if you put your number into this checker it will tell you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

Its Cardross exchange

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 6

@scotdebs I can't find any info on the congestion report for your exchange but can see a few issues are listed on the Alexandria exchange which may be connected.

When it's running slow can you complete a speed test and post your router stats? This link explains how to do find the required info.

0 Ratings