Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geoff_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

fed up with loss of speed - Vodafone want me

Hi,

My performanace issues are well documented on here over the last 3 months - I "was" a very happy customer getting 72-74Mbps for well over 2 years, then, without warning, speeds plummeted to 49-50Mbps literally overnight.  BT refuse to send an engineer and say that I'm at the "low end of their guaranteed speed".

I have my mobile with Vodafone and they have offered me a tremendous deal on their fibre product - problem is, I'm loathed to get into an 18 month contract with Vodafone if the speed is going to be the same as I'm on now (which I suspect it will be).

Any thoughts on Vodafone's offering and their comment "you'll get 70+Mbps"

here is my HH5 helpdesk details - OpenReach have been working in my street toad and the internet went off for no reason - prior to that, it was up for 15+ days

ScreenShot0009.jpg

Regards

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: fed up with loss of speed - Vodafone want me

Without using a speed tester, can you seriously tell the difference between 61M and 70M?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Vodaphone use the same pair of wires, and the same cabinet, so the speed is going to be the same. Your speed drop is probably just due to crosstalk, as more users are connected to the cabinet.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Geoff_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

I figured that would be the case - yet more sales patter from an ISP that promise the earth then don't deliver.

I'm not getting 61Mbps - if I was, I'd be less unhappy - I get around 51-52Mbps using either the BTWholesale test or Speedtest.net - a loss of 20+Mbps overnight.

BT keep saying to me that my Hub is sync'd at whatever speed, but I simply don't get the figures that they are quoting - I used to get full bore, now it just seems choked.  I assume it's down to more infinity customers in my area as I'm litererally only 250m from the cabinet.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

your hub stats show very clearly you have a sync speed of 61.2 Mbps

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Even still 50meg is loads of bandwidth. If you weren't running speedtests I very much doubt you'd notice the difference between 15 and 150 for general usage.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’