Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gmac123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

fiber on exchange only lines

can anyone tell me if bt are installing fiber broadband for people who are on exchange only lines.

I have read reports from as far back as 2012 that they were developing kit to get round the problem of fiber on exchange only lines, anyone know if this is now up and running or are people going to miss out.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: fiber on exchange only lines

Not as yet, I think they are finishing the cab roll-uot first and then looking at EO lines as the cost involved is higher.

0 Ratings
DashDave
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

We are on an exchange with a lot of EO lines. Last week a fibre cabinet was installed right next to the exchange (Chatburn lancs), even though the install of fibre has finished!! We have been told that this may be the solution for EO lines to get fibre.
0 Ratings
datacopy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Any update on how this is going?

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 5 of 6

@DashDave wrote:
We are on an exchange with a lot of EO lines. Last week a fibre cabinet was installed right next to the exchange (Chatburn lancs), even though the install of fibre has finished!! We have been told that this may be the solution for EO lines to get fibre.

Has Chatburn been fibre enabled under BDUK funding?

0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 6 of 6

My exchange had a PCP and fibre cabinet installed outside it in November but neither have been enabled as yet.

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings