Re: fibre being run !

👍

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 12 of 18

Looking forward to it

Just a pity that while I am 'just' in a B4RN 'in planning' area, being on an estate across the road from the farm, its not available to us 'townies'. Shame, with its 1gb up and down speeds its faster than anything else available.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 18

Hi Gary. What website did you check to show it would be available “soon”. Also how long ago did they do the cabling work?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 14 of 18

Used the Openreach site https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/fibre-for-home which says 'soon' and the fiber was being pulled in my front garden two weeks ago.

I still expect it to be quite a while before it happens, but at least its not likely to be 'years'.

I suppose we are lucky, they have been pulling lots for the new build and our ducts terminate in the same chambers so I imagine it was a sensible option to pull it through to us while they were at it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 18

Great thanks - I’ll keep an eye on the checker. They were pulling ours in on Tuesday, connecting to the CBTs in the underground chambers etc. Looking forward to it. Do you know if when you order it you can ask where the ONT is placed? Where our master socket is there is no power sockets at all so ideally would need to go round the back of the house

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 16 of 18

So,

OR continue to run cables. Found out today that its not in our chamber yet, but should be this month.

So thats about a month so far. Getting nearer
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 17 of 18

@jwatson2323  The order team can't arrange where the ONT is sited. That is something the install engineer will discuss with you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 18 of 18

Openreach pulled the fibre through the ducting in my street and those surrounding about 3 - 4 months ago.  At that point was showing on the Openreach site as "soon" but no activity since and actually is now showing "no plans" on the same site.  Spoke with OR and they said Sept to me it would go live.  Either that site isn't very accurate or my area has been taken out of scope.  Neither would surprise me to be honest.

0 Ratings