cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 34

Re: fibre being run !

Obviously everywhere varies, but from the OR guys running it in the streer to the time we could purchase was about two months.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 34

Would love to know what the full process is for FTTP. We’ve had openreach on our estate pulling cables and connecting CBTs in June/July but still can’t order as of today. Wasn’t sure if the adjacent estates all have to be ready and they are inter linked somehow?

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 34

@Gary_C  mate ours said exactly the same until Thursday...

We are sorry.jpg

Then yesterday went straight to this...😯

BT Broadband checker-small.jpg

So the checkers may not tell the real story, I ordered FTTP this morning. 😉

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 34

The BTWholesale checker is the one to use, it is updated every Friday and only includes proucts released for sale by Openreach and available.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 34

Well just checked and I can now order FTTP

Started installation in June and available to order 6 months later.

Now, who to go with 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 34

Order made, with BT 🙂
and installation date is Feb 1st
0 Ratings
Message 27 of 34

@Gary_C  congrats Gary you will love it. 😎

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Message 28 of 34

Cheers.

It was interesting to track the build from the first bits going in in june to the last efforts this month. I imagine though things have been difficult this year so its probably atypical.

Our son is a professional musician and does a lot of streaming for his company and with QoS prioritising his traffic, and I only get 9Mbps upload so you get tell he is working. I am looking forward to a snappier system 🙂
0 Ratings
Message 29 of 34

So chatting to the OR engineer, it looks as if they are targeting all houses that were built post 2000 ish that therefore had lines run to the house in ducting as it means they can up their installation numbers to meet targets while keeping the cost to a minimum.

What I do find really odd is the lack of advertising by anyone. The only reason I knew it was coming was by seeing the vans and watching what they were doing. A lot of my neighbours didn't have a clue that fibre is now available.

The OR guy even said its not in their interest to advertise its availability.

Will be interesting to see if 900mbps is overkill for me.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 34

So today is meant to be the day.

Yesterday the appointment was showing confirmed between 08:00 and 13:00  but today its changed to confirmed.na, not sure what that means. I also got an email again confirming the appointment but including 'corona virus and how it might affect you' link to the spiel stating that they wont come into the home.

Be interesting how this one plays out.

0 Ratings