cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 34

Re: fibre being run !

Well that was interesting.

OR turned up at 10:00 for the install.

The conversation basically was, "We are not meant to enter unless you have no broadband, but if your happy then lets crack on"

Now installed and working (still configuring things, so haven't tested the speed hardwired) in about an hour.

So it seems the official line is not to enter the home to fit the ONT, but there is some flexibility and common sense applied.

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 34

Speeds are ok but I think I have a bit of a limit with my USB dongle.

Had a bit of a 'moment' when the hub went orange for a while, but its back working, OR said it would 'take time to settle' which seems a bit odd for a optical connection but it might be the order completion running through the system to set (or remove) default limits (the upload has jumped from a very obvious hard limit of 50 to 200 since it restarted)

Oddly, some devices I set as reserved (not static) IP addresses are now showing up as static on the smart hub and refuse connection. Probably need a reboot or wait for their lease to timeout.
0 Ratings
Message 33 of 34

In addition IPv6 is working (except DNS, but thats easily fixed on a laptop by putting in your own address to a v6 service)

As I still have a copper line for the phone, I can ditch the Smart Hub and get a new wired router. Fancy a DrayTek 2927 but they are far to expensive 😞 (and probably massive overkill)

So, anyone tried the TP link R605 ?
0 Ratings
Message 34 of 34

Interestingly, while I did not get DV on connection day, I have now lost my landline.

It might be just a fault, certainly I have had no communication about transferring to DV and the SH2 shows no DV service but (and here's the question)

If the loss is down to a transfer to DV, as I am not using the SH2, if I plug it back in (which I have tried) should DV if its been activated, work straight away or would I need to leave it for a while ?

Should I be able to see DV on my account ?

0 Ratings