cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

fibre connection help

Go to solution

Hi, Could I ask for some advice, apart from move house

Full fibre is being put onto our pole as I type.

at the moment the pole is outside our boundary fence, bt copper connects to our underground armoured copper in our exterior elec fuse box, then armoured 60m to the property underground. (wishing I had put in a spare conduit now)!!!

I was hoping the fibre can connect to our underground copper without too much loss, but after reading the forums I think that is not possible.

is it possible open reach could terminate the fibre in our elec box, I could then buy 60m extension fibre cable and run it to house?

or do I need to start digging up the garden again?

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: fibre connection help

Go to solution

Start digging up the garden again.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Hi there, thanks, can you recommend a conduit to bury?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Openreach won’t connect up the ONT and or CSP into an Electric Fuse Box.

Also you won’t need to dig up the garden as Openreach Civils will do that using BT/Openreach approved Duct and Joint Boxes.

The FTTP Install is classed as an upgrade to the existing Copper Network so therefore it won’t be chargeable.

Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Was your underground copper feed from the pole to the property essential , because of obstructions or distance a span of overhead cable would need to be , that stopped an overhead installation or just aesthetics or an objection to a ‘feeder’ pole within your boundary ?,

In the past if a customer agreed to install an armoured copper cable to their boundary,  to connect to an existing pole, that was a mutually beneficial arrangement so was often suggested by the planner, if there is no real barrier to an overhead feed being used ( other than your preference for an underground feed ) then would a free underground option still be offered ?, not contradicting Starwire , he after all installs this for a living , but in my distant past , ‘ BT’ planners , as they were then, considered overhead as standard , if underground was just a preference rather than the only option , then the difference in cost between the two options was paid for by the end user, but the costs could be mitigated if the customer arranged the work within their own curtilage ,making the underground option cheaper than overhead.

Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
we bought land with an old house on the road 3 years ago, built new house 80ish metres from old house and road, so I trenched in electrics, water and armoured BT copper which were all later connected up.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
speedtest.....down 7.50 up .89. ping 21, so we are very excited about faster internet
0 Ratings