cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 25

Re: Whats the first speed that would need engineer visit

@Kermit1  Other than a new hub there is nothing else you will sent.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 25

Thanks
I think you only get a SmartHub2 if you subscribe to Halo2.
I have been on Infinity/Fibre1 for a while and have a HomeHub5a.
My main problem is the connection dropping, esp when on Zoom - keeps coming up with unstable connection & low bandwidth.
Probably doesn't help when multiple gadgets are in use at home.

Like some of the respondents I was directed to the community site via the BTbot. I'm a bit of a novice so all the technical terms are beyond me. But the community looks a great source of info. Keep up the good work.
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 25

@Kermit1 

If you are moving to G.FAST then you will need a new hub instead of hh5

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 24 of 25

@Kermit1wrote:
I also have a letter from BT giving £0 pm upgrade to fibre 100 with BT halo1.
However, when I tried to upgrade online, the checkout showed £52.49pm!
It says on the letter an engineer needs to visit. I believe they need to send something in the post first (unfortunately not a new router).
I am hoping this package will stop me losing my broadband connection all the time. I have tried all the troubleshooting...
It looks like I need to ring BT even though the advice is not to!

Did you try to solve your "loss of broadband all the time" by asking for help here on the forum? Fellow BT users provide voluntary solutions and advice.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 25

I have been going through the BT troubleshooter guide...but if any one has any ideas, that would be great.

I have looked through the community at various ideas.

One of the solutions maybe to upgrade but I'm not sure if it would be any good as my area does not appear to offer FTTP so not sure if upgrading will be of any use. Also, it sounds like I may have to upgrade the hub if I do.

I have checked the speed on the BT app - down/up to hub =65/18Mb

to mobile phone=9/16Mb

As I said previously, there are a few devices connected- phones, laptops, etc.

PS. When I said "all the time" I meant it was intermittent but buffering seems worse when on Zoom or streaming a film.

0 Ratings