cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kervoas
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

fibre upgrade offer

Two days ago I received an email for BT to say that fibre is now available in my area and I can upgrade at no extra cost.  I called the number and was told the mail had been sent out too early and should wait a couple of days. The offer still isn't available on my homepage, and having checked Open Reach I see the service isn't available at my address. Am I alone with this ?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: fibre upgrade offer

are you currently a BT Broadband customer?  if so enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number but leave exchange and cab   https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
kervoas
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your reply - here's the check:

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Exchange KILKHAMPTON

ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date
Left in JumperObserved SpeedsADSLOther Offerings

Availability Date

Premise environmentStatus
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 8.5--5.5 to 11Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 8.5Up to 15.5 to 11Available---- 
ADSL MaxUp to 8--7 to 8Available---- 
Fixed Rate2 ----Available---- 
Max Observed Downstream Speed (Mbps)13.79     
Max Upstream Observed Speed (Mbps)1.24     
Observed Date2019-09-29     
ADSL Multicast------Available---- 
Bridge TapU      
VRIN      
NTEFaceplateN      
Last Test Date08-11-2019      

FTTP is not available.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line is on a Market A Exchange.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Jan-2016; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 31-Dec-2016.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact the Broadband supplier they want to take service from to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number, NAD, UPRN or Access Line ID (ALID) check.

Note:

Thank you for your interest.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

if there was no cab number shown then you are connected direct to the exchange and not via a street cabinet so unfortunately you cannot get a fibre connection  This is confirmed with dslchecker results as there is no fibre showing as being available

the offer you received was just a general ad letter from BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
kervoas
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Thought so, but it did raise my hopes a little. I do wish BT would stop making offers for products they cannot supply.

I complained about the constant fibre upgrade offer on my BT home page and eventually this was removed, so then I received a letter making the same offer. Now the email. It's quite frustrating, especially as I now know that fibre is available in the next village, further along the road than we are from the exchange .

0 Ratings