cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 25

Re: Whats the first speed that would need engineer visit

can you post results

was it FTTPoD? as that is not same as FTTP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 25

bttest.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 25

certainly shows FTTP not G.Fast

you need something like this installed

ONT fttp_small_ont_2019.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 25

so whats the fastest on fttc is it 100 which im getting then 300 and up i need this?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 25

normal FTTC is 80mb  you have FTTP available to you and to upgrade you would need to contact 08005874787

there is not G.Fast available according to dslchecker

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 25

I merged both your posts as covering same question/subject

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 25

So the "free" upgrade offered by BT to "Full Fibre 100" from what your saying and the mail we got says max speed 63 is actually just fttc and not full fibre. So isnt that misrepresentation? 

If its full fibre we would need the ONT adapter box which they have not said they will be sending, so its just the highest FTTC and not FTTP per the advert. Or am i missing something or do i need to speak to someone on phone as i cant find an direct webchat for BT an more.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 25

phone the FTTP team I have already posted the number and see what they offer

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 25

just to finish off the thread incase anyone else finds it. I have just spoken to FTTP team over the order placed.

We received the advertising leaflet for "free upgrade to full fibre 100" and accepted it online. However, it appears that the BT ordering system didnt upgrade us to Full Fibre it just "upgraded us" to the fastest FTTC. The help desk told me to let the upgrade go through but on the first day ring up the upgrade team and they would arrange for propper FTTP to be done. So to me this is an error and possibly misrepresenting the package on BT site. 

I will do as they said and ring on the 1st but i shouln't have to! this is a bit bad really as the site did an upgrade that isnt really an upgrade!

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 25

I also have a letter from BT giving £0 pm upgrade to fibre 100 with BT halo1.
However, when I tried to upgrade online, the checkout showed £52.49pm!
It says on the letter an engineer needs to visit. I believe they need to send something in the post first (unfortunately not a new router).
I am hoping this package will stop me losing my broadband connection all the time. I have tried all the troubleshooting...
It looks like I need to ring BT even though the advice is not to!
0 Ratings