Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
micronaut
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

frequent disconnect with homehub 5

I've had infinity installed for a few weeks and the connection keeps dropping out (the home hub 5 (type B) flashes orange before returning to blue). I tried ringing the help desk, but they just run a line test and report everything is fine. The connection drops out every few minutes. Does anybody else have this problem or know why this might be happening?

Thanks for any help.

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: frequent disconnect with homehub 5

if you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

if self install are you using the test socket with a new filter 

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done with wired connection  btspeedtester

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number wholesale FTTC check

try quiet line test   dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

have you turned of smart setup  

Turn Off smart setup

have you split the networks   

Split the networks

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
micronaut
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

thanks for the reply.

1. Product Name: HomeHub5

2. Serial number: +076286+1524005948

3. Firmware version: v0.07.03.0814-BT (Type B) Last updated [Unknown]

4. Board version: 01

5. VDSL uptime: 0 days, 00:16:19

6. Data Rate: 9995 / 39973

7. Maximum Data Rate: 13336 / 54529

8. Noise Margin: 8.

9 / 13.3 9. Line Attenuation: 0.0 / 21.1

10. Signal Attenuation: 0.0 / 0.0

11. Data sent/received: 55.1 MB / 488.2 MB

12. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com

Quiet line test sounds quiet.

btspeedtester:

up = 37.58 Mbps
down = 9.05 Mbps
latency = 20.88

Ironically, under further diagnostics: 'the Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection.'

smart setup is already off.

networks are already split.

Disconnects continue after contacting BT support and their engineering performing a line test.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

it's not unusual to get that message when trying to run diagnostic test and normally works after a few attempts  however from what you have posted your upload/download speed are good for your infinity 1 connection speed

are you using the test socket to eliminate any problems with internal wiring?

did you try quiet line test?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
micronaut
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

I ran the quiet test and it sounds quiet.

I'm not on the test socket, but I've not had a problem with the socket using my old netgear router for years and with various providers prior to BT.

All the filters and cabling to the router are those supplied in the BT HH box.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

I would try the test socket with a new filter and see if this helps as it will eliminate any problems from your internal wiring.  this is important should you need an engineer visit as you will get charged £129.99 if the problem is in your setup or internal wiring 

0 Ratings