cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gedh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

frequent disconnects in warmer weather and lifting 'phone receiver causes disconnect too

Connection is stable October to March but disconnects about 4 times a day during warmer weather so started again recently. Also, lifting and replacing 'phone receiver causes a disconnect. connection speed is usually 9500 Kbps unless lift & replace receiver then connection is DLM'd 30,000 Kbps. Engineer visited last year but said line was fine. Any ideas?

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: frequent disconnects in warmer weather and lifting 'phone receiver causes disconnect too

Do you have a dial tone?  If you use filters have you tried replacing it? Does broadband disconnect it you get an incoming call?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gedh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 16

Re: frequent disconnects in warmer weather and lifting 'phone receiver causes disconnect too

Thanks for reply. No filters I'm aware of. Yes, have dial tone. I'll try an incoming call after the next disconnect/reconnect at the slower rate. 

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 16

@gedh Can you try connecting the router directly to the test socket using a filter to see if that helps?  

test socket.jpg

0 Ratings
gedh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 16

Thanks @NeilO , sorry, I think I have a filtered faceplate on the master socket (looks like MK3 - broadband connector above the 'phone connector) and I am only using the master socket - before I order a separate filter, please let me know if what you asked me to try is still applicable

0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 16

Yes it is still applicable. You should've recieved a filter with your hub.

0 Ratings
gedh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 16

Thanks, just found one, so I'll try it after the next disconnect

0 Ratings
gedh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 16

Connecting to the test socket via a filter seems to make no difference, still disconnecting, and incoming phonecall does appear to cause a disconnect too (also using filter in test socket) 

0 Ratings
Technonerd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 16

Thanks for confirming. You need to report a telephony fault (no mention of broadband) to 151.

0 Ratings
gedh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 16

Thanks, but the line will check out fine (did before) as I can make & recieve calls. If I don't mention broadband then how will they know that is the issue?

0 Ratings