cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

fttp Pon light flashing, new build.

I've recently moved into a new build house, the ont was already installed.

I work for a company that supplies fttp so got a staff deal, the openreach came down said it was connected to the wrong sasa and cbt port and he would pass back to new sites.

The neighbour directly next to me is up and running with a solid pon light, the neighbour on the other side has the same problem as me and the neighbour 2 doors away is having the same issue, we are the first people to move in on this site.

They sent someone from new sites to take a look who said the routing was correct and he would check it was registered,  this was days ago and still flashing pon.

Im wondering if one of them has got it wrong as surely two people wouldnt have completely different results, one saying its right one saying its wrong, feels like i am going around in circles.

Can anyone help please?

Many Thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: fttp Pon light flashing, new build.

The mods here are unable to assist with FTTP problems.

Having said that from your post I'm assuming your ISP will be the company you work for in which case they should liase with Openreach to get you connected.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

If the ONT and your Profile has been built onto the wrong Head End and SASA then it’ll need a NAD Key Reset to rebuild the Profile off the correct one.

We had a similar issue on a New Build Site near me. Everyone on the same Splitter had Flashing PON, the ONT’s were definitely registered, connected to the correct Splitter. In the end a PTO was sent to investigate and it turned out there was a issue at the Head End.

I asked the PTO when I saw him what exactly the problem was but he’s not he most talkative of people and the only response I got was, ‘Errr, it were plugged in wrong’.

I was like, wow, I wish I got paid over £40k a year for that level of knowledge!
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Thanks Starwire, 40k for that wow 🙂

What do you think about two engineers with completely different opinions, one saying it was routed wrong the other saying its not, someone is wrong, question is which one, thanks
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Without seeing it I’d only be guessing.

The New Sites Engineer will work for FND, Fibre Network Delivery. I would hope his knowledge would be better then the other Engineer who would work for SD, Service Delivery as I know the training they give them on FTTP is extremely limited and they don’t even teach the new guys to work in Splitters whereas FND do Fibre all day every day and work right back to the Head End.

But then for all I know that SD Engineers more knowledgeable about FTTP then anyone else on the Planet.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

I’d speak to the Developer. They should have direct contact with the FTTP New Sites Rep who would be able to look into it.

New Sites Reps for FTTP have a lot of power.

Out of interest where in the Country are you?
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Ok thanks, who knows, it’s just very frustrating im two months down the mine and in the same position,

I am based in rochdale. (north west)
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Rochdale, miles away so couldn’t help as I won’t know anyone local.

Speak to the Developer and get them to contact the New Sites Rep.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

no worries, i will see if i can get any joy from the newsites rep, thanks for your help.

0 Ratings