Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicey1958
Contributor
Message 21 of 36

Re: fttp/ftth whatever u want to call it... sounds exciting... yeah

Go to solution

But the general overall service might be an improvement.

BT

phoneline.. swapped over to BT from sky.. cutting sky BB off when I told them not to.

mobile phone package(s).. still charging me full price for 1.. 5 quid discount on the other.

phone. charged me premium rate on 0845 number(free weekend calls)  No mention of a charge for it because its a cheap number for international calls (its prolly in the small print somewhere.)

BTTV - discontinued BT Sports via sky.. (after 10 days grace btw)..  thus missing the whole FA CUP weekend.)

It did take BT 2 Full days to reactivate on sky.. back on the full 25.99 price.. instead of the 3.50 offer.

So all in all... not a bad fail.

plus no internet other than the 4g connection im paying on a rolling contract for my lads UNI studies. and no guarantee thats it gonna work on the 20th.

So all in all... not a bad fail

and your right about FTTP.... there seems to be only ZEN active, but the reputation..well , nothing much bad written about them.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 22 of 36

Go to solution

@nicey1958 I see you are still keeping the "stiff upper lip" and carrying on. I admire your resovle. You can though see a light at the end of a very large tunnel. I'm sure you'll love it when you get to the other side.

BTW @john46 normally gets grumpy at this time of night, it's past his bedtime.Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
nicey1958
Contributor
Message 23 of 36

Go to solution

@pippincpwrote:

@nicey1958I see you are still keeping the "stiff upper lip" and carrying on. I admire your resovle. You can though see a light at the end of a very large tunnel. I'm sure you'll love it when you get to the other side.

BTW @john46 normally gets grumpy at this time of night, it's past his bedtime.Smiley Very Happy

I cant see any 'fibre light' at the end of the duct yet 🙂   .. but at least after  my last phone call, I shall be receiving a temp copper connection activation on the 6th march,.. we shall see. 

0 Ratings
nicey1958
Contributor
Message 24 of 36

Go to solution

How much am I excited at getting a temp ADSL connection tommorow.. 6th....   so much... I think I'll stay up waiting for the dsl light to go green (not the sky hub BTW).  that will save me on the mobile data I have had to use for my sons studying...    Roll on the 20th When OR will come to fix my fault.. or will try to fix it...   jeeez...   I could have gone on a round the world trip  since it was first diagnosed... and thats a trip on a push bike   🙂

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
nicey1958
Contributor
Message 25 of 36

Go to solution

@nicey1958wrote:

How much am I excited at getting a temp ADSL connection tommorow.. 6th....   so much... I think I'll stay up waiting for the dsl light to go green (not the sky hub BTW).  that will save me on the mobile data I have had to use for my sons studying...    Roll on the 20th When OR will come to fix my fault.. or will try to fix it...   jeeez...   I could have gone on a round the world trip  since it was first diagnosed... and thats a trip on a push bike   🙂

Well ADSL kicked off at 2200 on the 5th so wd to them.  

What are the odds of OR turning up prepared and having the total possible fixes from chamber to ONT  (NOT  😉)

0 Ratings
nicey1958
Contributor
Message 26 of 36

Go to solution
yay... OR phoned early this morning.. can they come a week earlier to fix the fault..... and guaranteed that they would not leave until fixed.
I'm not gonna say no am I 🙂
0 Ratings
nicey1958
Contributor
Message 27 of 36

Go to solution
well the day they were s'posed to come... cme and went and not a sight to be seen of OR. BT had no record of a swapped appointment..still shows the 20th for them...OR had no record of sat morn phone call..although OR did say they phoned friday eve with no answer..even tho we were in all evening... oh well..so long as I get it before we invade russia. 🙂
0 Ratings
nicey1958
Contributor
Message 28 of 36

Go to solution
yay.. so the eng arrived.. re-terminated at the ONT and cleaned the end in the chamber. I now have 202 d/l and 22 up.
And my new television arrived to round off a nice morning.
0 Ratings
simoor
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 36

Go to solution

Great news! Fingers crossed my install should be complete on Friday morning. The dig team turned up a few weeks ago and found multiple issues with the ducting, so it's been back a forth with the dig and cable team. I still have no cable outside but they should do the external and internal work on Friday

0 Ratings
nicey1958
Contributor
Message 30 of 36

Go to solution

gl then..    best speedtest seems to be Measurement lab. ookla is sooooo indifferent... and latency is v good...  at the moment...lol.

0 Ratings