Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 36

Re: fttp/ftth whatever u want to call it... sounds exciting... yeah

Go to solution

You may like to thank the Openreach people, it is appreciated.

Thank an Openreach engineer - they do the repairs

nicey1958
Contributor
Message 12 of 36

Go to solution
Done.
simoor
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 36

Go to solution

I'm glad the dig went well. Hopefully, a team will be out within the next couple of week to sort out our ducts (Redrow installed)

0 Ratings
nicey1958
Contributor
Message 14 of 36

Go to solution

Well after concerns about the fibre that the dig tea put in, BT (call centre) insisted that the fibre would be ok and they would terminate it inside the building when they came Friday. I explained that the fiber was only 3 foot long showing out of the duct at the property end but  they insisted everything was ok and a team would come and finish the connection on friday.  Hey guess what, the install guys arrived on friday and it was the wrong fiber installed from the road chamber. Fortunately,they had a spare pre-terminated fiber to use( pre-terminated at one end only for connection in the chamber.) so the had to pull that in from the road. Everything went well from then, all the kit was installed in the house, but when they came to connecting it up, there was no light reading from the exchange so now a fault has been opened even before its live...lol.  They have changed the way they install now it seems..  Its not a 2 visit fitting now as the fibre comes directly in the house now and not terminated in a box on the outside of the house.  

0 Ratings
simoor
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 36

Go to solution
Thanks for the update. Openreach have applied for permits / permission to dig up the public highway to fix the duct. A neighbour over the road has fibre installed but no lights (had around 10ft of cable). Turns out the the main core is not connected to the distribution splitter. Openreach are currently on site trying to fix the issue for the entire estate (300 houses) but should be fixed today / tomorrow
0 Ratings
nicey1958
Contributor
Message 16 of 36

Go to solution

OR said it was all live when they put the street fiber in    🙂

Spoiler

0 Ratings
nicey1958
Contributor
Message 17 of 36

Go to solution

Well OR eng turned up unanounced this morning at 9am to look at the fault. Turns out the presentation is all live and ok in the chamber...   and has a v strong meter reading..whereas the interior install team said there was none....hmmmmmi . Well when he checked the reading from the ONT there isnt a reading on the fiber. He suspects the termnation connector is faulty.   I hope it is only that but hope the next Eng along will bring a replacement fiber aswell just incase that got damaged when they pulled it in, Also It might have been better to use someting different than cableclips that are only suitable for sat cable and not twin fiber cable to secure it to the wall. (-:

So the amber light remains for a few days more

0 Ratings
nicey1958
Contributor
Message 18 of 36

Go to solution

After a phone call TO BT,l that few days more to fix has according to BT  FTTP team has turned into 3rd march before an OR engineer can be allocated to the job. I find that hard to believe after an OR fault engineer on the 22nd Feb 90% determined the fault as  a faulty fibre connector at the ONT end. (a few mins job to re-terminate). I despair.

0 Ratings
nicey1958
Contributor
Message 19 of 36

Go to solution

Well after yet another phone call to bt, the first appointment date that an OR eng can attend to try to fix the install fault is 20th march....

Would I recommennd BT to anyone...NO! because they could have sorted this a lot earlier.

I have asked for a temp copper  adsl connection to be provided within 7 days like they said they would 3/4 weeks ago because of 'delayed provision' then renaged upon because FTTP was s'posed to have been active with 14 days....

Its would be quicker to cancel everything and go with another provider which I'm begining to think I should of in the first palce.

angry isnt the word.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 36

Go to solution
You will be lucky to find many providers who offer FTTP and they still use the same Openreach fibre network
0 Ratings