cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

full fibre available from openreach not available with bt

around december works was ongoing in my street by openreach in warrington wa3 speaking to an engineer i asked him when full fibre will be available his reply was were just finishing the works all nodes are in place and me to get in touch with bt so i did and they said its not available the day before christmas i got an email to say my street is now ready for full fibre choose a provider so i did bt when i check says not available can anybody help sort this out so i can order and get connected to full fibre as this is really frustrating 

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: full fibre available from openreach not available with bt

if you are a BT customer enter phone number otherwise your address and post results

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Looking at recent OR deliveries for WA3 (i'm making assumption WA3 5xx), Openreach have declared FTTP in service, but to a new switch in the exchange. CP's will now be able to order a backhaul circuit to that switch and then after that goes live, offer it to customers. 

As  @imjolly  says, the Broadband checker should say WBC FTTP is in a 'planned' state. I'm not sure about current timescales though given the current climate.

Steve

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

wa35ja is my postcode number 7

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Not that it will make any difference, other than those with either no broadband or those recieving less than 30Mbps, FTTP installs are on hold until 1st March.

2021-01-13 18_39_37-Covid-19 update - Covid 19 ultrafast process brief 06 January 2021.pdf – Mozilla.png

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Except I had mine done today.
🙂
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

@Gary_C  When did you place your order?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

I placed my order on the 13th, but the OR team that arrived said they should not be coming into the house, but they were happy if I was.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

@Gary_Cwrote:
I placed my order on the 13th, but the OR team that arrived said they should not be coming into the house, but they were happy if I was.

The Openreach notice clearly states new orders fron 6th Jan. You ordered on 13th December according to another thread though you conveniently miss that off in this thread.

2021-02-02 13_14_31-Switch from FTTC to FTTP Nightmare - Page 3 - BT Community – Mozilla Firefox.png

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

the OR guys themselves said they have been told not to enter homes.
No mention of order date in the discussion.

EDIT just noticed that message was a reply made to a thread in error and only contained part of the message I intended to write.

Basically, I was just pointing out, regardless of the date I booked it, the OR team said they have been told not to enter any house if you already have broadband.

0 Ratings