Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonnybrussell
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

getting bored with bt's excuses for a shocking service

we pay very good money for our bt phone/infinity/tv package

for months we have had a very unreliable broadband/infinity connection.

Every time i contact BT they apologise

they say they will send out an engineer - then they tell us the problem has been rectified (which it is for a few days) so no engineer is needed.

then sure enough the stability and bandwidth vanishes - we are left with an extremly slow connection or one that simply doesnt work and can only be restored by reseting the hardware again and again and again.

my parents have a far more stable connection for £5 a month - i am paying a lot more than that for a quick and reliable connection and all we get is garbage and excuses.

For the money we pay and the service we get its bordering on theft.

I live very close to the exchange and when infinity was first installed it was great - very stable and very fast .... now we are reduced to extremely poor stability and very poor speeds - all for a premium price tag.

Yes we have gone through the reset router routine, yes we have gone through the software review etc etc etc - then we are forced to watch the bt ads promoting excellent gaming performance from their new hubs..... well i find this laughable. We renewed our contract a few months ago and were told no new router (still on hh3) all the problems over recent months and we were told no new router.

The last time they said they would send an engineer out they told us it would cost £190 if it was found we had damaged the equipment !!!!

We pay a lot of money for a quick and reliable connection ....what do we get? excuses excuses excuses

I would suggest bt try and look after their existing customers before offering new customers the world

to say we are extremely frustrated is an understatement

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: getting bored with bt's excuses for a shocking service

if you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

for infinity the distance from the exchange means nothing it is the distance from your street cabinet that counts - unless that sits right outside the exchange

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done with wired connection  btspeedtester

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number wholesale FTTC check

try quiet line test   dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 3 of 4

The OP stated he only has an HH3.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

@pippincp wrote:

The OP stated he only has an HH3.

so he did - missed that

makes it harder to help as no router stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings