cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

had my first fttp visit today ....

Go to solution

Hi all , I'm been surviving on terrible 7meg copper 'super slow fast fibre' connection for over a decade odd now. Today I had my first visit for full fibre install but hit a snag as the Openreach contractors that came told me they would have to dig a duct in the ground as there didn't appear to be one accessible near my house to pull the fibre cable through to connect me up.

So now my order status asks me to pick another day for a new installation visit but will this new visit know I need a duct put in or will it be another poor uninformed engineer who's expecting to connect me only to tell me what i already know that it requires digging work to be carried out first? Anyone had a similar experience with BT before when getting full fibre installed ,can you tell me what my next step should be to sort this out ?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: had my first fttp visit today ....

Go to solution

Openreach Engineer would of added notes to the open job ticket Openreach should know ducts need to be installed then another appointment will be given for FTTP installation your looking at mid Jan/Feb for your install to be completed.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Be it an Openreach, Kelly’s, Quinns, Step 2 Installer it doesn’t matter. None of them will be able to dig and duct it on a second Installation Appointment.

What the first guy should’ve done was contacted the Openreach FTTP Coord Team to arrange for a Maintenance Dig.

If said dig is just on your lawn for example then Openreach can use DL to do what they call a Soft Dig.

If it requires a dig on concrete/tarmac then it it’ll need a Civils Team to do it.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for your replies , so do you guys reckon I should reschedule the install appointment now or wait for a further update from their end before doing anything ? 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Talk to the FTTP team and find out what the story is. 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
appreciate everyones contribution here , I will get in touch with them tomorrow and see what's up thank you.
0 Ratings