Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
boe323
Aspiring Expert
Message 71 of 80

Re: help please

Mines doing the same dude, jigh pings, low download speed, im suspecting its got something to do with the new G.INP that got turned, on, i think its affecting not just eci modems.

0 Ratings
mushka
Contributor
Message 72 of 80

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
 66.97 Mbps

0 Mbps66.36 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 66.97 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 40 Mbps-66.36 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 66.36 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 12.36 Mbps

0 Mbps20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 12.36Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

here is some good news,, its took over 16 weeks for dlm to raise my ip profile from 60.3  to 66.36 and people on here say its usually 10 days lol.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 73 of 80

it depends on connection stability - the more stable connection faster DLM will improve connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mushka
Contributor
Message 74 of 80

the connection has been stable since november 2011, the only problem i have had is REBOOT FROM BT AGENT  message in event log. and thats when the speed has dropped. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 75 of 80

sounds great wish mine has been stable for 2/3 years without a  drop in conenction  I get one every 14 days but my speed comes back to the same so no DLM problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mushka
Contributor
Message 76 of 80

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
 27.48 Mbps

0 Mbps66.36 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 27.48 Mbps
 Additional Information:

Upload Speed
 13.12 Mbps

0 Mbps20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 13.12Mbps
 Additional Information:
 last week i requested my MAC  code from bt,, since then my speed has been below 30mb dl,  spoke to support rebooted hub and modem still same problem, bt say there is no issue with line etc is this what bt do when you are going to switch providers
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 77 of 80

was the test done wired or wireless?

I'm sorry but I just can't believe that because you got your MAC code that BT would take the time and trouble to restrict your download speed

0 Ratings
SuperSajuuk
Aspiring Expert
Message 78 of 80

The only thing I can think of that reduced your speed to 60mbps from the original 75mbps in the first place is that you have high uptake of infinity in your area and crosstalk is simply causing your connection to become slower as a result. With crosstalk, 60-65mbps would become the new "maximum" speed, assuming that you have high uptake of infinity: if uptake is low and very few people have it in your area, then the problem lies somewhere else

Unless G.INP is active on your cabinet and you have one of the modems known to have a problem, your speeds should be increasing back to normal before crosstalk became a problem (G.INP retransmits lost packets, increasing speed and effectively removing the issue of crosstalk [for now at least]). I read somewhere here that they didn't roll out G.INP everywhere, or at least stopped rolling it out to new cabinets due to the problems with certain modems losing speed and increasing ping.

Some of the speeds I noticed in this thread are quite ridiculous though: less than 8mbps on an infinity connection is nothing sort of laughable and could indicate congestion or some other problem.

Please note I don't have infinity, nor fibre, and can only give you advice based on what I've read in these forums.

0 Ratings
mushka
Contributor
Message 79 of 80

Infographic

• Download68.6Mb
  • Upload13Mb

0 Ratings
mushka
Contributor
Message 80 of 80

. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
 44.12 Mbps

0 Mbps66.36 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 44.12 Mbps
 Additional Information:

Upload Speed
 13.15 Mbps

0 Mbps20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 13.15Mbps
 Additional Information:

speed test on btw performence  wired connection

0 Ratings