Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bower123456
Beginner
Message 1 of 24

help really poor speed

Go to solution

when i signed first up for bt and got connected in december my download speed was 39mb but its gradually fallen and now im down to 3mb which is 3 times slower than the non fiber i had with talktalk who i left to join bt.

could someone pleases have a look at this for me as its pretty close to useless at the moment.

thanksbt.pngScreenshot (16).png

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Guru
Guru
Message 2 of 24

Re: help really poor speed

Go to solution

Hi bower123456

can you also go into your Home Hubs web interface and copy and paste the stats ( Lines 1 to 13  and if possible line 24 [ modulation]) which can be found in Troubleshooting >> Helpdesk on the web interface at http://192.168.1.254

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
bower123456
Beginner
Message 3 of 24

Go to solution

hi thanks for replying

Screenshot (18).png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 24

Go to solution
Looks like you have a line fault. You should ring the helpdesk and request an engineer visit.

DLM has capped your line due to instability to force up the noise margin from the target of 6. Your max data rate is very poor for the attenuation. Both are symptoms of a line fault.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
bower123456
Beginner
Message 5 of 24

Go to solution

will have to leave it as it is then as i work through the week and an engineer will only come between 8-6 or something like that, even though i dont know why i have to be at home as the fault must be outside my house?

anyway i dont want to be charged £160 if they cant find the fault either

thanks for your help

ps if someone already knows theres a fault somewhere why dont they repair it without me having to do all the chasing? there providing a service so they should make sure its working ok

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 24

Go to solution
Have you tried the quiet line test dial 17070 option 2 you should hear no noise if you can hear noise then it needs reporting to BT faults on 151 with no mention of broadband in the call also the charge if raised is129.99 not 160.00
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 24

Go to solution
until you contact BT no one will know you have a problem
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 24

Go to solution

I would be inclined to leave it alone, as it will recover on its own. Do not disconnect or restart the home hub.

See

Why has my speed dropped

A high noise margin means that there is plenty of spare bandwidth to allow DLM to increase the speed, provided it sees no interruptions.

Why is it only showing four minutes connection time, have you been restarting or disconnecting the home hub?

It will never recover if you do that, as it will think there is a line fault.

bower123456
Beginner
Message 9 of 24

Go to solution

ive just found on the main website that a fault was found on my broadband service last month but its supposidly been repaired, i wonder if this is part of it

Screenshot (19).png

0 Ratings
bower123456
Beginner
Message 10 of 24

Go to solution

hi mark

i have contacted them a couple of weeks ago but i didnt get anywhere, all they did was make me go through all the turn it off and on rubbish and kept on blaming me being on wifi ( even though i wasnt)  and we both struggled to understand each other as i think she was possibly indian, so all in all a frustrating hour ill never get back

0 Ratings