cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arronleeds
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 13

high pings only when playing battlefield 4

anyone else only getting high ping when playing battlefield 4? as soon as i go off of battlefield the pings return to normal when pinging to bbc.co.uk or any other.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
MrDJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 13

Re: high pings only when playing battlefield 4

just a guess but it could have something to do with the battlefield interface using a website for its servers.

0 Ratings
Arronleeds
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 13

Turns out it wasn't just battlefield I left cmd running with the command ping bbc.co.uk -t and interleaving is on so getting 32ms ping but every so often it was jumping from 200-1500, no line fault so I just don't know what's going on, bt is shocking. Shouldn't be experiencing huge lag spikes on fibre.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
MrDJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 13

ive just had my phone and infinity2 fixed and im back upto 52mbps but it still seems slow even on a 2 grand gaming laptop so i know its defo ot that.

ping of 35 here.

0 Ratings
Arronleeds
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 13

Bt is just rubbish completely my mum is on sky fibre and her ping is a constant 16 never had lag issues at hers, it's frustrating because as soon as I turn my computer on and go on a game boom lag, need to get my girlfriends mum to switch to virgin media, I want to factors reset the hub 5 and block BTagent but then it might be a possibility that the line profile resync will never happen and I might be stuck with 32ms ping with lag spikes. 2 days ago it was 13-16 ms. I'm gonna replace the master socket and extension and then if there's more problems gonna complain and say it wants sorting, not having her waste her money on **bleep** fibre. She's synced at 55 but with an attainable of 65.
0 Ratings
Sinuous
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 13

Are you connecting to a north american server, out of curiosity?

0 Ratings
Arronleeds
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 13

no fella, the ping spikes are no matter what i only realised after doing cmd "ping bbc.co.uk -t". i only play on european servers. was getting 34ms on a uk server thats due to interleave but here are some of the spikes from earlier.

http://gyazo.com/aafe5b59148272cd544577baa57740a1

http://gyazo.com/279e5cf744710ced9e9aab2be63a0fc9

http://gyazo.com/d30a1df27fc463117db0a49a459f56c7

http://gyazo.com/8f3df423e2efffa00cb3d20b244bfd86

0 Ratings
SteveFTTC
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

If it's any help im at 14-16 on uk servers.

Not seen in previous posts but:

1) Assuming you are not on wireless ?

2) Not downloading anything in background ?

3) Anyone else on the LAN at the time ?

4) Are you using the same pc as on the other provider connection, where you are getting 14 ping ?

Steve.

0 Ratings
Arronleeds
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 13

It's congestion mate it's only happening after 7pm. I get 16-18ms to uk servers too, we'll i do when interleave isn't turned on. At minute it's on 8ms delay so getting 26ms. Same PC as I was using at my mums. I figured out it was congestion because I was getting packet loss checked my speed on speediest and it was all over the place my girlfriend also told me it's always been bad on a Friday evening.
0 Ratings
Valthos
Contributor
Message 10 of 13

ok your seeing the pings rising in CMD when ur in the server because the router is delaying the ping because the UDP ports are open and active.

thats normal and tbh it could be out of date network drivers and if your using wireless then thats your answer wireless sucks for sustained UDP.

0 Ratings