cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
volvodriver
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

home hub 3 a

i have been using a home hub 3.0 A since i had infinity 2 installed,   sometimes the connection is slow but more than often my upload speed is around 0.7mps,  also my hub stays on all the time and yet still as of today does not have the latest firmware,  i checked and its the following,,  4.7.5.1.83.8.94.1.11 (Type A),   is there any way of the firmware other than through the so called bt install or would i be better ringing to complain about the hub,   thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: home hub 3 a

Hi volvodriver,

Thanks for posting. How can I check the firmware version on my BT Home Hub? will show you the latest firmware for the hub 3. You could try a quick reset to check if it updates. let me know if that helps.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
L1NHH
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

I have the same issue as volvodriver.

I have used HH3A with Total Unlimited Broadband and now also with Infinity installed.

I opened my Hub Management Page and this is the version I have also  Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.94.1.11 (Type A)

I have in the past few weeks done a quick reset using the button on the side of the hub but the firmware has not

changed. So are you maybe saying a factory reset by using the paperclip. My son set up the hub for me and no

longer lives with us so if a factory reset is required would creating a backup first help or would this cause issues

if it does do the firmware.

0 Ratings
volvodriver
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Hi David 

Thanks for answering my problem,  i have done a few resets and restarts to see if the firmware updates but its stayed the same and is as follows 

Current firmware:Version 4.7.5.1.83.8.94.1.11 (Type A)
Last updated:27/11/12

I keep the home hub on all the time as bt recommends and is only off if the power is turned off at the mains fusebox if there is work being done in house, so it aint off that often,  I cant see how the hub has never received an update if its on all the time and sometimes how im only getting .07 of an upload speed sometimes and this is measured by bts on speed test,   

if you could David i would be grateful if i have a fault maybe with my hub maybe you will know whats wrong,   

Cheers Dennis

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 7

@L1NHH wrote:

I have the same issue as volvodriver.

I have used HH3A with Total Unlimited Broadband and now also with Infinity installed.

I opened my Hub Management Page and this is the version I have also  Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.94.1.11 (Type A)

I have in the past few weeks done a quick reset using the button on the side of the hub but the firmware has not

changed. So are you maybe saying a factory reset by using the paperclip. My son set up the hub for me and no

longer lives with us so if a factory reset is required would creating a backup first help or would this cause issues

if it does do the firmware.

Creating and reloading a backup of your settings would not cause the firmware to roll back if it does update.

Time to give the paperclip a go.Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
dilosec
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

I think BT may have stopped rolling out the latest firmware as problems were found with it.

See here: Re: New firmware kills VPN
https://community.bt.com/t5/Other-Broadband-Queries/New-firmware-kills-VPN/m-p/1215117/highlight/tru...

If you are getting low download/upload speeds (0.7 mbps upload speed for an infinity 2 package is not good!), post some more details here and others should be able to advise.

[Edit] typo fix.

0 Ratings
L1NHH
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Thank you for the link dilosec.

I will leave things as they are for now. Seems it was a good job mine had not updated.

0 Ratings