Seaking
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

home hub 3

Go to solution
Hi guys
My Home hub has finally gave up
BT want £74 ish for me to get a new replacement
HH5 after a little look on the web it seems hit and miss if you get a good one .
My question is what can I get that's as good as or preferably better than the HH5 for not much more costwise
I will need wirless as well for two laptops
Thanks guys
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Seaking
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 12

Re: home hub 3

Go to solution
I should add that I'm on infinity and have been since it was rolled out lol and never really had any issues with the hub that a quick on and off every so often didn't fix
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution
Billion 8800NL gets decent reviews. They're about £65.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

many also use tplink 9980

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

There is also the new TP Link TD-W9970

Seaking
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution
Crikey guys that was fast lol much appreciated as well
Out of the ones that are listed which would be favoured and are they available in any shops like currys etc as I've had enough of using my phone on 3g lol
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

The 9970 and Billion only have 2.4Ghz wireless, but if 5Ghz isn't important to you, Amazon have the TP Link TD-W9970 at £33 at the moment. Bargain!

I have been perfectly happy with my TP Link TD-W9980

Seaking
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution
So none of them use 5 Ghz and the HH3 didn't use the 5 Ghz band then it would appear that the TP Link would be the better value for money option
Thanks guys
Next question how much better is the 5Ghz band for WiFi than the 2.4 band. I would assume with it being at 5Ghz it's not going to suffer as much from interferance but does it run any faster .
If so then I may spend a bit more and get something more high tech lol
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution
It's all very situational. It really depends on your home setup, construction, local interference etc. Some people get better connectivity on 2.4, others on 5GHz. There is no one answer with wireless connectivity.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

@Seaking wrote:
So none of them use 5 Ghz and the HH3 didn't use the 5 Ghz band then it would appear that the TP Link would be the better value for money option

The TP Link TD-W9980 has 5Ghz, the 9970 doesn't. I shouldn't worry too much about wireless speed unless you need it for traffic within your LAN, your internet connection will be the slowest link in the chain.