cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jam2000
Expert
Message 1 of 6

home hub 5 on extension socket for infinity

I am getting BT infinity installed next week. Can my home hub 5 be installed on my extension phone socket for infinity? It currently works all OK for DSL?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: home hub 5 on extension socket for infinity

Connecting to an extension socket will more than likely reduce your connection speed - not the same as adsl

Is it engineer install or self install?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 3 of 6

Self install

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Then you can install it wherever you want just be aware that it will reduce your speed. How bad will depend on the quality of your internal wiring. Far better in master socket and even better in SSFP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 5 of 6

So I know there is a 10 day period where it finds the ultimate speed. What happens if I then after this move it back to the master socket after the 10 days, will this then find the ultimate speed again?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

yes but may take longer than 10 days  the DLM is constantly monitoring your line but after initial settings can take a few weeks to make changes.  Better starting off in master socket as that will give nearer estimate

0 Ratings