cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

horrendous Fiber speed

My BB speed has dropped down to as low as 2mb  (currently hovering between 5-20)on a 70mb  (min 55mb Guaranteed) to the point its practically unusable and definitely not what i  signed up for. i would be happy eve if it was 50Mb but 2mb my 4g phone is faster

I've been forced to open a fault about slow broadband speed but due to the awful speed and issues with your speed test i'm unable to complete the simple diagnostic speed test that you require via the website so you have removed my right to terminate my contract. It's not my fault your speed test isn't/wont work... 
I did however manage to run a speed test on the mybt app and results are as below along with results for various other speed results sites. 

tracert.JPG

ulysees321_0-1591999548038.pngulysees321_1-1591999576293.png

removed mac and BB username

Capture.JPG

19Mb connection to the hub? when it should be 70-80Mb

Capture.JPGspeetest.net.JPG

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: horrendous Fiber speed

Probably worth mentioning that this mostly happens in the evenings 4pm-0000, leading me to believe its traffic shaping or a oversubscribed DSLAM of which there are 3 less than 30 metres from my house

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

from your stats you have the max speed 80/20mb for fibre 2

can you run btspeedtester and post results please  one when speed seems ok and then another when speed is bad

must be done with ethernet connection

which exchange and cab are you on?

https://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 11

ulysees321_0-1592039769514.png

ulysees321_1-1592039805054.png

One from Thursday evening and one from this morning, Im also connected to the Cwmbran Exchange and being served by Cabinet 40, all my connections are Ethernet except for phone/tablet

ulysees321_2-1592039898429.png

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

I have asked mods to check out your stats for possible congestion  they are busy but will get back to you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Thank you very much 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Hi @ulysees321 welcome to the forum and sorry you are experiencing slow speeds in the evenings. I've had a quick look at Cwmbran on the wholesale congestion report and there is no congestion showing in the area. As you mention 4pm can you think of anything that may occur around that time daily that could affect the connection?

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Hi John, 

Thank you for the kind welcome. I cant think of anything.  i have no other equipment performing backups etc and it is usually always during peak hours. 

I could understand if it was just a blip but its for hours on end, i will supply more speed tests during peak hours as part of my monitoring.

Sam

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Hi @ulysees321 thanks for having a think about that and posting back. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we'll be happy to check your connection. We are busier than normal at the moment so it will take longer than usual for us to get back to you.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Still seeing horrible speed to the point its nearly unusable, see the BT guy at Dslam most days 😕
Previous ticket was closed with no resolution, or response, have had to open a new ticket 

2049 30-6-20.jpg30-6-20.JPGperformance result 30-06-2020.JPG

0 Ratings