cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

infinity 1 does not work

Last Monday I changed from broadband to infinity 1. From the moment of the switch over  the system shows no broadband connection (flashing amber on hub 5). After millions of hours talking to the call centre they have have ordered in engineer to inspect my house wiring. The telephone works Ok and all the connections seem the same as before the change over, so I am sure it is not my lack of skill connecting the plugs. However if there is any problem then £119 is payable to bt.

Are ther any checks I can do to minimise the risk of having to pay this bill ? 

Could I go back to normal broadband if the phone line is working?

Regards

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: infinity 1 does not work

Normally if the engineer finds a problem after the master socket, you could be liable to a charge although because this is an initial installation which has not been possible to be completed and I assume it was a "self install" I don't think any charges would be applied.

Helios
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

Did you have a self install?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Hi

Thanks for replying. Yes but the self install only invovled replacing the hub 4 with a hub 5 and connecting it in

exactly the same way to the wall socket. I have become a little irritated because I spent 2 hours on the phone describing where the cables went. I have had broadband at the property for years using similar hubs. However they seem to be implying all the time I have connected it incorrectly or the house cables are faulty. I live 100 yds from the exchange and there is a BT box just outside the house so it should almost work without the cables ! I have decided to keep the appointment and hope the engineer takes pity on me if there is a problem with the wiring.

Regards

Tony

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Hi

Thank you for replying. I think my best plan is just hope the engineer will let me of the charge if there is a problem. The self install was just swapping the wires to a hub 5 from a 4 which worked until the chang over

Regards

0 Ratings
FibreGuy
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Did you connect the existing transformer or use the new one that came with the hub 5?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Did you follow this guide

http://btsupport.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/3445634/1386322208/redirect/1

and if required fit the micro filter.

0 Ratings
Helios
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 8

For what your saying it sounds like your router can't establish a PPPoE session.

This is will be because either your profile has been built wrong by BT Wholesale or the DSL port is faulty.

Or possibly the line hasn't been jumpered correctly at the PCP.
0 Ratings