cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krappotkin
Message 1 of 8

infinity 2

hi all. 

ive just moved from sky to bt. i live in an area where the fibre network has been active since september last year, i get 44mb from the cabinet to my socket which is around what the bt website said my estimated speed would be. when i called to move to bt the sales person advised that i should take bt infinity 2 with the high download speed as i was getting more than i would on the infinity 1 package and would be capped at 40. i was also told by the sales person that my cabinet may not have been upgraded to the superfast yet but eventually would be, but am i not right in saying that if my line was capable of receiving 76mb then my line estimate would have reflected this?

so my actual question is am i ever going to be able to get the higher download speeds or is my cabinet/line maxed out at 44?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: infinity 2

I suspect you have been told a load of flannel by the sales person.

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

0 Ratings
krappotkin
Message 3 of 8

thanks for the quick reply.

Untitled.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

As you can see on the estimater, if you are getting 44Mbps you are getting the maximum that your line can support.  As far as I am concerned the sales person was talking rubbish about the cabinet being upgraded to "superfast". There is no such thing unless he was referring to FTTP (Fibre To The Premises), which I doubt.

The maximum you would get on Infinty 1 is 38Mbps so you need to decide if the extra 6Mbps is worth the difference in price between Infinity 1 and Infinity 2.  

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 5 of 8

The saleperson could have been referring to vectoring which should be introduced this year unless plans have changed.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Could be but I don't think that will getting marketed as an "upgrade to superfast" do you?

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 7 of 8

It will if they increase speeds to 100Mb as rumoured.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

I have my doubts that's what they would call it. They already market Infinity 1 and 2 as "superfast" and Infinity 3 as "ultrafast". I still say the sales rep was talking bull.

0 Ratings