cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamesnugent1
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

infinity drop outs. home hub 4 flashing ORANGE.. been on phone 10 times no luck

ok so ive been on the phone 10 times now to bt, they say there is no fault on my line.

my connection keeps dropping and my hub flashes orange.

ive tried home hub 3 and same happens so it isnt the equipment.

what could be causing this problem? can someone please help as ive even went as far as buying a new xbox as i thought that was the problem , but turns out i was wrong. after problem solving continuously port forwarding etc, still no luck.

please and thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: infinity drop outs. home hub 4 flashing ORANGE.. been on phone 10 times no luck

What happens to the lights on the Openreach modem when this happens. It could be  faulty modem.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13749/c/

0 Ratings
jamesnugent1
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Re: infinity drop outs. home hub 4 flashing ORANGE.. been on phone 10 times no luck

all the lights are as should be. i dont understand what can be causing this problem anymore.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

You will need to contact BT and report a fault. You either have a faulty modem or there is a fault with your line or at the exchange.

0 Ratings
nathan360
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

i had the exact same problem. try and get a mod to jump on here and contact them. Kindly enough i was emailing somone from bt about this and he replaced the hh4 twice and replaced with two hh3. Eventualy an engineer visit fixed my problem and went back again and needed another visit since then ive not had a single dropout apart from 2 but ive been connnected for over three days now. Just try and get an engineer visit. Also when i check the service status of my line theres and open fault from the 23rd october with bt retail servers. i dunno if this is what you get but it is worth getting the engineer visit.

0 Ratings
jamesnugent1
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

they said their is no fault on my line though?
i dont understand ,, my hub flashes orange then disconnects all my devices.
ive tried 2 different hubs so i can only imagine it being the modem,

if i get an engineer out, and he looks and its in my property thats a 100 pound bill straight away for an engineer?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Make a direct connection from your PC to the modem which will eliminate the homehub. Follow this guide to do that. Use your computer as normal to see if it disconnects. If it does not disconnect you will know it is a faulty hub. If it still disconnects then the fault has to be somewhere from the exchange to the modem.

Step 1: Remove the homehub from the modem

Step2: Connect your pc/laptop into the modem using LAN1 port

Step3: Open network and sharing centre on windows and click set up a new connection or network

Step4: Connect to the internet then click make a new connection Broadband PPPoE

Step5: Username Internet@btbroadband.com and the password as BT

Step6: connect, If it doesn't,keep pressing try again until it does.

0 Ratings
nathan360
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

This may seem a but off topic but when I had the engineer visit me about this problem he was totally narrow minded that it was impossible to connect a pc to the modem. And when I showed him he seemed stunned like it was something alien. I think the engineers need a bit more knowledge as that is basic level stuff.
0 Ratings