Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bloto21
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

infinity no dsl light

Go to solution

hello.

Got a problem, my broadband went down suddenly, line is working I checked it. All seems good, but I gettning no dsl light on modem. Tryed reset unplug power etc.

To be more funny I spend 1h on phone, keep switching me from 1 to other advisor and in the end I been told that someone will call me on tuseday.

However I decided to google my answear and I did fint it !! Needs new modem. I got one of first openreach modems come out, those which like to overheat. 

I tried it my friend infinity modem, and quess what ?? DSL is keep flashing :).

I need new modem, but how I can get thruu all that stupid info line where those people keep telling me to change pppoe settings in router.... what a scam.
BT customer service is poor, very poor. Customer is saying NO DSL light and advisor is keep force to play with settings on router....  what router settings got to do with modem dsl light...

Please help me to arrange new modem......

Regards
Martin

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: infinity no dsl light

Go to solution

When you tried your friends did it connect  and were you able to use the Internet OK? If your modem is faulty you will need to go through customer service and report it as a fault.

0 Ratings
jren207
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

When you tried your friend's modem, did the DSL light turn solid rather than flashing? If not, then it still isn't working.

It might seem a bit tedious, but going through those steps can sometimes solve some people's problems and avoid having to take things futher. But in this case, no DSL light means no sync with the cabinet, and so it's not a PPP error, so I agree that they should help better.

0 Ratings
bloto21
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Hello.

yes it does start flashing after 1min change to solid green and all start working fine.

very poor support for 1h someone been telling me is router fault, the most funny part was that I been keep sating that I use TP-LINK since I get it  infinity for the first time, for 30min advisor was asking what lights I got on homehub......

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

It does appear as though you have a faulty modem if you were able to connect to Internet with your friends. You will need to report the fault and have the modem replaced.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Hi bloto21,

Thanks for posting. I can look into this for you if you wish. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile. Once I have the details we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
bloto21
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Hi.

I will do, thx.

However I got few more questions.

1st- when kelly services send letter about replacing modems, no one ever came to replace that modem.

2nd- when I take out for the first time infinit the max speeds was lower, after a while BT increase them to over 70.
I i did think that I was on old contract for infinity 2.
But this year I sign for BT sports which tied me to BT for another 12months, other provaider of FTTC the say that I can get a that 7x+  on my line. So is this about IP profile on my line. Can someone reset that ??

3rd- that broken modem been left for more than 24h unplugged (been tested at my friends house and didnt work no dsl light ).
After 24h I did plugged it, nothing.. after I finish coffe that dsl start flashing and get connected.....
Now I dont want BT to come and say that modem is working and charge me as they love to charge for everything.
I start experiencing problems with that modem,  this morning the DSL light goes off again. I left it unplugged for 10min.
Plugged in... dsl get solid green....hmmm..
The modem I borrow, havent make a single problem. Is this qualify for replacment ?
Which model I can expect as replacment ?? Which is the best ?

0 Ratings
jren207
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Sounds like your modem is overheating.

There are two modems, Huawei and ECI.

I am connected to a Huawei cabinet, but was given an ECI modem. The ECI modem has never given me any trouble, and never really feels that warm either.

0 Ratings
bloto21
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

hi

Just to let you know I did manage to borrow brand new  eci-cpe-modem type 1b
model: b-focus v -2fub/r reb:B

Dont work at ( no dsl light)
I got oryginal modem called hd 612

ps: to ALL ( connect just landline, plug in power and wait till it start, if dsl light will not start flashing with modem ECI, press and hold RESET untill all lights goes off and realase, should pick up now landline, sometimes may need here unplug power and wait 1min and plug back in)

ps2: I tested speed tests with hd612
ping: 37ms , download 37.5, upload:8.7

ps3: test speed with ECI modem
ping 17ms, download 36.07, upload 9.01

For me is the eci is 2x fast as hd612 (ping time), download speed i belive remain the same. That diffrence could be anything.

Ps4: I paid 10GBP for new ECI modem..  BT call cost me 5GBP. No more waiting, playing about. All is working like it should be

0 Ratings
jren207
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Do you mean hg612? That's the Huawei modem.

I use an ECI b-focus and it works fine. I'm not sure about the Huawei, but my ECI does take a while to boot up. Have you given it long enough to start up and connect?

Is the ECI you borrowed one that was given to the person you borrowed it from as part of an Openreach installation?

Noticed your edit now.

Glad it's working. The ECI is a solid modem, works very well.

0 Ratings