cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davem44
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

infinity speeds

We just  moved across to infinity 2 package where we were estimated to get these speeds

50Mb-68Mb*
Estimated download
speed range

14Mb-20Mb*
Estimated upload
speed range

but instead were getting  Download speedachieved during the test was - 10.75 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 23.39 Mbps-29.24 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 29.24 Mbps

and

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 1.76Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

Anybody got any idea why yje estimate is so far out

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: infinity speeds

Hi davem44,

Thanks for posting. Are you still having problems? How are you connecting? Is it wired or wireless? When did the order to move to Infinity 2 complete? Give us as much detail as possible and if you're still having problems drop me an email with the details. You'll get the 'contact us' link in the about me section of my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
davem44
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Well after an engineers visit we have been told that our maximum ever is going to be 32mb download ? up due to aluminium wiring between the cab and ours I really feel cheated by both the website and sales staff who estimated it to be a lot higher at the moment our max speed has gone to 25 mb down but our up speed has now dropped to 1.5 mb
0 Ratings
Highlighted
bartman1967
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

You are still within your rights to cancel your contract, or demand BT to change the line to copper to achive the headline speed you were contracted for. (Just wait for the "upto" squad to appear to make a statement)

You have a choice.

Good Luck....

What's slow about FTTC........DLM 😞
0 Ratings
davem44
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Well after another phone call to India and being told  well nothing we can do as you have had an engineers visit (his equipment wouldnt sync with our router so he couldnt do a proper diagnostic) after being a bt customer ofr years I am now thinking about cancelling my contract and going elsewhere where the staff will listen to you

0 Ratings
bartman1967
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

@davem44 wrote:

Well after another phone call to India and being told  well nothing we can do as you have had an engineers visit (his equipment wouldnt sync with our router so he couldnt do a proper diagnostic) after being a bt customer ofr years I am now thinking about cancelling my contract and going elsewhere where the staff will listen to you

Good luck, I like the bit at the end of your statement "where the staff will listen to you" I have not found one yet Smiley Very Happy

What's slow about FTTC........DLM 😞
0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 7

The staff may listen to you elsewhere but you will still have exactly the same problem . BT are not responsible for replacing the cable it is OpenReach and they may well argue that as you get 25mb then the cable stays as is.

I would contact DavidM to see what BT can do in this situation.

0 Ratings