Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cruiser5
Beginner
Message 1 of 18

infinity2

Go to solution

hello i am on infinity2 but my maximum speed i can connect at is 40mb......i used to be on at least 50 mb range and at one time was downloading at 6.23 mb a sec on steam today i had a download test at 26 in the red Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: infinity2

Go to solution

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

are you using test socket with filter even if you have SSFP?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
cruiser5
Beginner
Message 3 of 18

Go to solution
Yes have done a test when was on chat in the test socket and speeds were just the same... I was sent out a new filter..not a bit of difference
0 Ratings
cruiser5
Beginner
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution

new testCapture2.JPG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution

your conenction time is only 2 minutes was that a manual reset or router dropping conenction?  are you have problems with dropping conenction or have you been resetting trying to improve speed?

it looks like you are in a banded profile hence why speed appears stuck at 39998kbps.

did you try quiet line test?

from your stats you would be better downgrading to the new infinity 1 package 55/10mb and save some money for the same down conenction speed and slight drop in up speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
cruiser5
Beginner
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution
Once when got put through to customer support in UK lady said my upgrade from infinity to 2 had not been implemented but nothing got done everyone says they see a fault but don't say what it is personally I think I have lost my space in the cabinet and someone else might have my fibre space
0 Ratings
cruiser5
Beginner
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution
Yes my son done a reboot if the hub to see if it changed but it did not.. I have just renewed my contract again for another year sp mot sure I be able to go down to 1
Thanks for your help by the way
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution

the only difference between infinity 1 and 2 is the speed at which it is capped - 55mb for infinity 1 and 80mb for infinity 2 - the line is exactly the same so nobody has 'taken your space in the cabinet'

try phoning options team on 0800800030 and see if they can help with downgrade as you cannot get faster than infinity 1 max  they are uk based

cruiser5
Beginner
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution

thing is i used to be able to download at 6.2 max on steam its now 3.2 max so something has changed

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution

your estimate is 53/40mb.  if you were one of the first on your cabinet then as more are added the speed tends to drop as can be seen from your estimated speed.  you are not goinf to get any faster so you would be best trying options team and going to infinity1

0 Ratings