cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
claymore
Message 1 of 7

infinty down again - twice in 2 weeks -and no helpline same old crp

So then I believed all the hype and was fed up with Skys low speeds and moved to Infinity. Had it since 31St Jan and its now failed for the second time. first time it was down for 24 hours and only because I argued with the helpdesk. Otherwise it would have been down for up to a week. this time I have a wee orange light and no network at all, so my systems cant even talk and I cant use my network printers. The last time it failed, I also lost my phone line. athe engineer who came out told me that there was someone working on "the cabinet" and had given my BB line to someone else by mistake!!!!! So its 2.30am, but.......wait a minute........ Bt website offers "24hrs a day - 365 days a year contact" I'll call them now!! After spending several calls picking all the options, I get led to the same message - this service is closed. no details of when its open, no answer to call back, and no message service. What a load of bol!@x I cant believe the low level of service that this represents I'm paying top dollar for this and I cant say I'm impressed. But whats the option, back to Sky? Iam soooooooo effin' annoyed about this, its probably just as well the helpdesk isn't open. has anyone at Bt ever heard of the trades descriptions act? BTW I have tried all the self help stuff, unplugged cables, reswitched switches, restarted all the computers - way before I phoned the helpdesk. Service quality zilch I'll keep you posted
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
claymore
Message 2 of 7

Re: infinty down again - twice in 2 weeks -and no helpline same old crp

ok its nearly 4 am and i have a blue power light and a blue wifi light all lights on the white openreach kit are green tried changing the red cable but no result
0 Ratings
Paul1360
Expert
Message 3 of 7

If you are able can you run a speed test and post the results?
http://pbtcsc.bt.motive.com/speedtest/
iechyd da

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

How can he run a speedtest if he has no broadband?
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Paul1360
Expert
Message 5 of 7

cos he said it sort of works
0 Ratings
Highlighted
del3607
Message 6 of 7

Broadband tech help desk number is 08001114567 option 1 and is 24hrs a day, if the phone line was down though this would affect your BB and then from a mobile call 0330800151 for phone line repair also a 24hrs department, The problem though could be the home hub and it might be helpful to use the desktop doctor software that was installed with infinity to run a few self diagnostics. Hope this helps

0 Ratings
Paul1360
Expert
Message 7 of 7

I was going to say that the desktop help has never worked but when I just checked it it updated and now works, 1st time since April 2011 lol
iechyd da
0 Ratings