cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mattvern
Contributor
Message 1 of 13

interleaved

hello is thier a way to get off interleaved ive been on it for months DLM doesnt kick in and sort this even after engineer visits 

its made gaming a anightmare pings up from 9 to mid 40s speed reduced compared to max data rate and the 80 i should get and tbh BT onthe phone are useless 

thanks 

BT.png

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: interleaved

Welcome to this user forum.

Its not possible for this to be changed on VDSL (Fibre to the Cabinet), as it automatic, and cannot  be altered.

It is possible on normal broadband as that can be controlled by BT.

0 Ratings
Mattvern
Contributor
Message 3 of 13

wow great so BT refuse to sync my speed bk to 80mb and im stuck with poor ping for gaming. tbh fibre is abit of a joke had it 5 years today and tbh last 4 months have been shocking. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

Poor ping response is usually due to other users sharing your Internet connection. Your connection speed has very little to do with that.

Are there other people using your connection?

People often move from normal broadband to fibre (copper delivered) broadband, expecting it to be better, when it fact it makes no difference, and can actually be worse due to increased line errors.

0 Ratings
Mattvern
Contributor
Message 5 of 13

I have the same amount of devices now as i had mo ths ago and ping was always between 9 and 15 now im lucky to get less than 40 if everyones on it or no one is on it. Since my speed dropped and bt kind of sorted it, it never went back to 80 ive had 80 for last 5 years and now they have the its in the limit bull **bleep** now they say its not possible and ive never had it which i even provided the proof... all this is not just a coincidence its all happened at the same time.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

Your line speed is 71.420Mbs, which is fairly close to 80Mbs, so there is nothing wrong with your connection.

Disconnect all other devices, so you have exclusive usage of the connection, and then try again. Its not always the devices themselves, but the nature of the content they are using, that will affect your ping response.

I assume that you are running the ping test over an Ethernet connection, and not wireless?

0 Ratings
Mattvern
Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Yeah i only use wired except for phone and tablet.

I have done that where i remove all devices and it made squat diff pal.

As for 71mb still isnt right you. U pay for the max i can get max as ive had it years. People wouldnt like car going in for service and coming out with less. Thats how i see it. Some people dnt get what i have lost
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

Connection speeds are average speeds, and tend to go down as more people are connected to the cabinet.

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

0 Ratings
Mattvern
Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Maybe so but to recive 10mb less after5years for full 80 and see the box from your house kinds takes pee alittle bit.
Hopefull ill sort a cable connection out soon and i can leave BT **bleep**ty its in range even policy. How about people pay them less because its not max speed so why is it max amount.
The engineers have told me if the 40yr old alli cables were replaced my speed could easily double.
As for max rate to sync rate theirs like 30mb difference
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

If you post the results from the availability checker, then it will be possible to see what speed range you should be getting, as shown on Range A.

If its within that range, then BT will not take any action.

0 Ratings