cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scotta1980
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

interleaving on my line

how can i tell if i have interleaving on my line i have been having problems with speed and my ping latency has went up from around 26ms to well over 50ms + at times i have tryed to resolve tis with bt but its like banging your head off the wall 

my speeds were good was getting around  60 down and 10mbps up but i am lucky to get 50mbps this has happend overnight 

i have diched the hh5 for a openreach modem and my disconecting problems have gone away but my speed has not recoverd and my ping is still high 

my homehub 5 has been disconnecting allot could have tis caused my problems 

can any of the mods look into this form me just want the problem resolved thanks 

Untitled1.jpg

Untitled.jpg

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: interleaving on my line

If your speed dropped because of the disconnects it will mean that DLM will have seen this as a fault and lowered your speed to try and maintain a stable connection.

If you leave things alone and switched on 24/7 and provided the disconnects have stopped DLM will slowly increase your speed. This can, but not necessarily will take two to three weeks to happen.

BT will not request a line reset until DLM has had a chance to do its job.

See link about DLM. It is for Plusnet but it is more or less the same for BT

http://community.plus.net/library/browsing/fttc-dlm-what-it-is-how-it-works/

0 Ratings
scotta1980
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

i have done a speed test again an i have noticed that my ip profile it totaly diffrent again overnight lastnight it was 49.2mbps checked againg when i got up today was at 51.8mbps and now its 47.29mbps 

Untitled423.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

with 3 different profile in 24hrs that would suggest you have not solved the disconnections and they are still happening.  as long as they continue your connection will not recover

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
scotta1980
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

thanks for your info i think i will have to just leave it for now and hope it improves over time i will keep the openreach modem connected not going back to hh5 thats was a joke using that 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

I think you probably have an underlying line fault which would need fixing before your Infinity improves. My HH5 seems fine on my fault-free line.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
astar27
Expert
Message 7 of 7

Can you post your modem stats please?
0 Ratings