Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MichaelToye
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

ip profile reset request?

Hi

I've been on BT Infinity2 for quite a while. When my line was new, and for quite a while, I was getting 75mbps - according to the engineer my line is capable of 100mbps+.

Through a few power offs and a couple of router changes, my profile seems to have downgraded to around 55. 

Can anyone here reset my profile back to the 80mbps I'm paying for?

If the suggestion is that I phone BT, I do hope the support people know what an ip profile is - the last time, on ADSL2, i had to explain and they had to call their manager and the call(s) took a few hours 0_o

Thanks in advance,

Michael

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: ip profile reset request?

On Infinity, the DLM is completely automatic - it should rise on it's own.
If it doesn't, it could indicate a line problem.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
MichaelToye
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

That sounds good. I'll keep an eye on it for another week.

Thanks
Michael
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 6

Remember there are two profiles that affect Infinity: [1] the DLM profile (controlling the cabinet->modem connection), and [2] the IP/BRAS profile (controlling the higher level exchange->router connection).  

DLM should automatically adjust your line sync speed.  In turn, the reconnection after a change should force an IP/BRAS speed to match the sync speed.  Unfortunately, the low level line reconnection does not always force a reconnection at the higher level.  Therefore, while waiting for an increase, do not fiddle with the modem, but do disconnnect/reconnect the router each morning (DLM changes to sync speed are usually done in the middle of the night).

AlexTheLion
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

I'm in the same boat, its frustrating that the DLM is so severe. Its fast enough at current speeds, but you do feel a bit "cheated" of bandwidth...
0 Ratings
bartman1967
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

@AlexTheLion wrote:
I'm in the same boat, its frustrating that the DLM is so severe. Its fast enough at current speeds, but you do feel a bit "cheated" of bandwidth...

With you there mate...... the pain of being cheated by a few bit and bytes of binarie that cripples a connectiion at a heart beat.

What's slow about FTTC........DLM 😞
0 Ratings