cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

keep disconnecting

my BT broadband has been setup yesterday, I found that the connection keep disconnecting. May I ask if it is normal for the new setup? Does it need some time to be stable? please advise. Thank you.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: keep disconnecting

do you have FTTP or FTTC?

are you using master socket?  do hub lights change colour?

check line for noise  dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

thanks for your reply.

I guess I have fttp.. but there is no landline here, so I cannot check through this. And yes, the colour is keep changing.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Do you have one of these?

fttp_small_ont_2019.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

thanks for reply. No, I dont have this.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

if you don't have an ONT are you connecting to a openreach master socket  which one

Keith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpegMaster socket types.jpeg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

should be 6

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Then you have a landline. A telephone handset for about £5 is the best diagnostic tool you could have.

0 Ratings